Had some treats today... will I gain weight?

Options
13»

Replies

• JohnnyKitty
    JohnnyKitty Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to tell a parent or family member when your parents are pressuring you to lose weight, get mad when you look "big," (which is why I came on here; I was 126 pounds and my mom freaked out) and when you're a competitive athlete who can't risk missing out on practices because of the treatment eating disordered people have to take (I've heard of them making you go to some institute where they force you to eat or something). I've already annoyed my siblings about previous problems (despression) and I really don't want them to have to deal with me anymore. :/
  • Schraudt814
    Schraudt814 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    It's really hard to tell a parent or family member when your parents are pressuring you to lose weight, get mad when you look "big," (which is why I came on here; I was 126 pounds and my mom freaked out) and when you're a competitive athlete who can't risk missing out on practices because of the treatment eating disordered people have to take (I've heard of them making you go to some institute where they force you to eat or something). I've already annoyed my siblings about previous problems (despression) and I really don't want them to have to deal with me anymore. :/

First off not all people with eating issues have to go to a treatment center. Second I strongly advise you go to a counselor, perhaps at school or maybe your coach. If you do not think you'll get support from your family, please look for another adult you can go to. Only you can make that decision sweetheart but please consider it as it sounds like you need some guidance that most of us are not qualified to provide. :flowerforyou:
  • mayerel
    mayerel Posts: 254 Member
    Options

If you get help early, no one will force you to go anywhere. A trained counselor can give you tips and tools to both cope with the feelings you have about eating and being "big" (which, for the record, you are no where NEAR) and they can also put you in touch with a nutritionist who can make sure you're eating the right amount and healthy!

And if you're an athlete, all the more reason for you to be *healthy* rather than just skinny.

Can you talk to someone outside your family? Maybe a school counselor or another trusted adult?
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    No, I don't have bulemia. I've never actually "binged."
    And it's not on regular occasions, either.
    I don't exercise excessively, either. Just once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
    I have never taken laxatives.

To the first line... your binge today was your one inch piece of brownie 2 cookies etc etc... and then you purged.
    the problem with using it isnt regular is to you.. it could be once or twice a week makes it not regular but to health professionals that is too much.
    To work out for 2 hours a day while only eating 1200 calories is not ok.... you burn prob an est. 500 calories during that work out which means you are netting 700 calories a day..
    Your body is not getting the nutrients it needs.. you need to eat more.. and you need to get help.

I watched my best friend do the same thing you are doing now. She would eat only the min calories of 1200 and then work out to burn off as much of them as she could.... if she went over her 1200.. she induced.. she refused to ever eat over 1200
    Her hair started to fall out
    Her nail bed were purple.
    she was so skinny you could see every rib
    she went to the gym one night for her second work out... she worked out and when she jumped off to go home she took three steps and dropped. Her heart could not handle it anymore... her heart was working so hard and not getting the nutrients it needed that she had a heart attack at 18........

so.. stop fooling yourself. Go and talk to someone.. if not your dr.. if not your parents.. go to your gym and talk to the personal trainers there.. tell them what you are doing...

for your sake i hope you stop.... and i hope you learn to live healthy... please dont hurt yourself anymore...
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    No, I don't have bulemia. I've never actually "binged."
    And it's not on regular occasions, either.
    I don't exercise excessively, either. Just once in the morning and once in the afternoon.
    I have never taken laxatives.

The hardest thing to do is admit you have a problem. Trust me, you do have a problem, and I don't mean that in a bad way. Take the advice you have been given here and seek some help and see what we mean, or keep doing what you are doing, watch it progress while you keep telling yourself it is not a problem, and wind up alone and looking like a freak. The choice is yours.
  • Harkins86
    Harkins86 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I've looked at some of your earlier posts about throwing up. Here is something you said

'Hey guys... I'm getting over an eating disorder and have gotten significantly better.
    However, today, I was given two mini bran muffins from La Madeleine... each apparently having 140 calories!
    I ate them both and then vomited. :(
    I'm wondering, will this affect my diet? I really am going to try to not do it again! I can control myself next time.
    But have I messed up my diet?'

I am really worried about you. Talk to your Mum please, you are not alone

Good luck
  • jaxandmaksmom
    jaxandmaksmom Posts: 262 Member
    Options

if you keep making excuses and you dont do something to change your ways now.. you will be DEAD do you get it... you will be gone from this planet and at that point your mom wont be able to tell you at 126 lbs you are big ( how tall are you) your siblings wont be able to whine cause you have issues..

Sweetie.. this steems from your depression.. you have a false sense of body image and need to speak to someone who is a professional...

i am going to tell you once more.. and not to be harsh.. BUT YOU CAN DIE... DEAD GONE OVER AND OUT.. DO YOU GET THIS....... YOU ARE KILLING YOURSELF....
  • JPod279
    JPod279 Posts: 722 Member
    Options

This explains a lot. You need help and if your family will not assist you then it is a shame (for them), and IMO they are worthless (and appear to be a majority of the problem). If you tell us where you are there are probably people that can assist in getting you to someone who can help.
  • love22step
    love22step Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    Relax! Your snacks weren't outrageous and aren't going to turn you into a fatty unless you make overeating a habit. Never purposely throw up unless you've accidentally ingested an overdose of medication or something serious such as that. You can balance out one day of overeating by cutting back a little for the next few days. Don't allow panic to cause you to take unhealthy actions, such as vomiting. Be patient with yourself and avoid stress, because stress tends to make you put on weight. You'll be fine!
  • lgcompton
    lgcompton Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    mean guys suck! go away
  • JohnnyKitty
    JohnnyKitty Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    the worst thing is.........that we have to see a picture of your weird chest on your profile pic. Gross!

......Um, what?
  • hollancia
    hollancia Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    In my opinion you're far too young to be doing this s*%t!
  • mrobinson0805
    Options
    These are all from topics you've posted recently

"Nooo, nonono. I am normal weighted now, 125 pounds 5'6." I just have this constant fear of eating too much and gaining weight. I recently gained about four pounds. I was really upset, so I'm trying to lose weight. This is probably because I stopped self-induced vomiting. I DID vomit on purpose, and I DO get nauseated after eating a lot. But more it makes me feel guilty that I ate that much."

"Okay. It's weird, if I feel like I eat a little too much, I just feel completely guilty and horrible. Even after I throw up, I still feel completely guilty. :(
    I won't do it again."

"Hey guys... I'm getting over an eating disorder and have gotten significantly better.
    However, today, I was given two mini bran muffins from La Madeleine... each apparently having 140 calories!
    I ate them both and then vomited. :(
    I'm wondering, will this affect my diet? I really am going to try to not do it again! I can control myself next time.
    But have I messed up my diet?"

"So my mom was kind enough to buy me a banana muffin this morning, which I didn't think was unhealthy (so much).
    Turns out... it had... 430 CALORIES
    What do I do?! "
    I only eat 1300 calories a day and now i've already passed that amount!! "

Read that to yourself and ask yourself again is there a problem. You are no where near over weight. You're acting very obsessively and need to talk to someone on the outside, like a counselor or a Dr. if your gamily doesn’t'
    support you seek outside support. Please listen to all of us on here, your behavior is VERY unhealthy. We're not trying to be mean, just help you which is why you posted the topic.
  • Athena98501
    Athena98501 Posts: 716 Member
    Options

What you're describing is emotional and psychological abuse, plain and simple. It's no wonder you've suffered from depression. Treatment like that very often leads to a disordered relationship with food. However, you are young. If you get evaluated now, and follow whatever they recommend, you'll be fine.

And for an athlete, 126 pounds is NOT overweight. Have you tried talking to your coach?
  • tinamina78
    tinamina78 Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Hey hon, I have been thinking about what to say in reply to your post. It seems like you're having a tough time and you're reaching out for help. Hang in there, okay? From everything you've said about your depression and your fear of "getting big" and your guilt over treats, it really sounds like you need to talk to someone. I know you said your parents don't understand, but it may just be that they don't realize how badly you're feeling. You are a beautiful girl and you seem really sweet. With as much working out as you do, you really do need to eat. Your body needs fuel to stay healthy and strong. Having a few sweet things every now and then is no big deal. Your body works in averages, not in the day-to-day stuff that goes on. Even if you only throw up "every once in a while," that is very unhealthy. It points to deeper issues and it's dangerous. You came to MFP for a reason and I believe that reason may have been to help you see that you need to talk with a professional. Call a teen help line if you don't think your parents will listen... although I strongly suggest you start with them first. We're here to listen, but I strongly urge you to get help from a professional. Take a deep breath, understand that you deserve to be happy and go get some help.

"Though no one can go back and make a brand new start, anyone can start from now and make a brand new ending." ~ Carl Bard :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonwolf
    Dragonwolf Posts: 5,600 Member
    Options

Sounds like your mom should get help, too. If she really did freak out, that reeks of abuse.

If your family won't help, or is the cause (as the case appears to be), then talk to someone, ANYONE, else.

Any coach worth their salt knows that you need to be HEALTHY to be able to practice without falling over dead (literally). Consider how many practices you'll miss if you have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into rehab, after a stay in the hospital because you nearly died after your body finally gave out from malnourishment.

Please, for the sake of your health, life, and future, get help from someone.
  • Jezebel_Barbie
    Jezebel_Barbie Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Oh hun, reading those other posts you've made makes me so sad :( Whether you realise it or not you have a problem with food, and you need to seek help for it. It doesn't have to be your parents, it can be another adult you trust, someone at school, a counsellor, your doctor; I would just urge you PLEASE talk to someone. You don't have to feel this way; you can make it better. xx