Cauliflower Pizza

Options
ryn013
ryn013 Posts: 116
I haven't tried this yet, but I figured I'd put it out there for anyone who would like too, it sounds delish :smile:

1 cup cooked riced cauliflower (simply shred in a cheese grater)
1 egg
1 cup mozzarella cheese
Pizza herbs: 1/2 tsp fennel, 1 tsp oregano, 2 tsp parsley
(The last three ingredients can be exchanged for your favorite pizza-type herbs)

Preheat oven to 450F/232C. Spray a cookle sheet with non-stick spray (or grease with some
coconut/olive/whatever oil). In a medium bowl, combine cauliflower, egg and mozzarella. Press
evenly on the pan. Sprinkle evenly with pizza herbs. Bake for 12-15 minutes (15-20 minutes If
you double the recipe). Remove the pan from the oven. To the crust add sauce, then toppings
and cheese. Place under a grill/broiler at high heat just until cheese is melted.

Enjoy!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• lifechange12
    lifechange12 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting
  • callmeabeast
    Options
    mmm, I must try this later!
  • andrewsmommy13
    andrewsmommy13 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I saw this on Pinterest and it looks delish!
  • krisotis
    krisotis Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i have tried this and it is very good
  • Moniquifee
    Moniquifee Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carber and have found a replacement for just about every high carb item I though I couldn't do without except for pizza, which I love. It is impossible for me to resist when they have it at my job and I always pay the price for it. Thanks a bunch, I will definitely give this a try!
  • leogirlie
    leogirlie Posts: 1
    Options
    I am trying this tonight!
  • memcd911
    memcd911 Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    I've done it... the crispiness of a crust is lacking... but the taste is great... I highly recommend the cauli-crust as a way of cutting carbs, cals, and fat.
  • sarahmaryfearnley
    sarahmaryfearnley Posts: 366 Member
    Options
    I have tried this and it was good. Be careful about the moisture or the crust will be mushy!

A few tips that work are 1. use paper towels to press out the cauliflower moisture before making the crust. 2. Do not make it too big. A couple of small pizzas will work better than 1 big one. 3. Take it easy on the toppings, esp any moisture rich veggies.
  • Magenta15
    Magenta15 Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    I make this all the time. But with a few edits... using raw cauliflower and a food processor... here's my original post
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/130577-you-asked-for-it-cauli-crust-pizza-pics

:)
  • arneyfive
    arneyfive Posts: 16
    Options
    :happy:
  • Tina180130
    Tina180130 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    bump..sounds delish!!
  • fergie137
    fergie137 Posts: 33
    Options