I think I need friends

Options
This feels a bit strange to me, I'm not an antisocial or loner type of person, I think, but I do tend to prefer to work things out on my own. Well I'm almost 25 now, and Ive been constantly trying different diets since I was 12 with little success so I'm thinking maybe its time to try something new and find a buddy to work with.

I'm 6"2' and weigh in at weigh in at 280lbs and Id like to get down to at least 200. I could go on forever with details of my exercise and dieting, motivations and such. So anybody interested in making a new friend and helping out a newbie MFPer?

Replies

• angeliis02
    angeliis02 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I can always use more friends, feel free to add me.

I'm 5'10 and 250 trying to get down to 200 also, I've never weighed less than 200 so that's what I strive for!
  • BrettWithPKU
    BrettWithPKU Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    Sounds like I'm in a very similar situation compared to you. I'm 27 years old, 6' 1.5", started at 280lb (now around 260lb), and I'm shooting for an athletic build at 208lb.

I play a lot of sports. My main motivation is performance on the playing field.

Feel free to add me.
  • emtrem
    emtrem Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I would love a buddy, I'm starting tomorrow. I can get demotivated very quickly, I'm a wee bit impatient for results. Do add me if you want. Emma x
  • monica208
    monica208 Posts: 229
    Options
    Feel free to add me
  • lawanarae
    lawanarae Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello dzebs and angeliis I am also new to this and have tried countless times to lose weight but I will never give up. I am 46 and weigh 311 and am trying to get down to between 150 and 160, I am 5"4'. This is the most I have ever weighed in my life and I know if I don't get a handle of my weight It will continue to climb. I just started walking again it was tough the first day and is still tough but I keep adding and I let as many people know as possible. I have people asking me have you walked today or do you need to go get a bottle of water and this helps me to be accountable.
  • wannaslim
    wannaslim Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey, I'm here. Add me if you want :)
  • _Triple_S_
    _Triple_S_ Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    you can add me, I always like to meet new people and I try to offer words of encouragement
  • TennisQtpye
    TennisQtpye Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I love this app. Feel free to add me! We all need encouragement along this arduous journey
  • Evadeeva86
    Evadeeva86 Posts: 3
    Options
    Sure, add me!
  • chubbster17
    chubbster17 Posts: 31
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) x
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me.....
  • sadye58
    sadye58 Posts: 55
    Options
    feel free to add me..5'5 cw 185 gw 150 struggling lose pregnancy weight but after i made 25 i've been struggling to keep my weight off the past 10 years!
  • MorgaineFey
    MorgaineFey Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi! Nice to meet you! Feel free to add me, as well! I could always use more friends. >^-^< I am 29 and am trying to lose around 30 ish pounds! I like to encourage people, but don't have many friends myself either.
  • bestbassist
    bestbassist Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    I'm 6', currently 245 pounds and would like to get back to around 155 (eventually). Feel free to add me.
  • dzebs
    dzebs Posts: 2
    Options
    Wow that's a lot of responses in only a feq minutes, ok ill add all of you asap. Thanks everyone.
  • beckybrouse
    beckybrouse Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    WOW! Way to reach out! I have daughter close to your age and a Mother turning 80 this year and we are all on MFP. Count me as a friend!
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • Amcolecchi
    Amcolecchi Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Everyone needs motivation, even independent people. I love having friends! Feel free to add me if you like! :)
  • manderann
    manderann Posts: 189
    Options
    People typically do better when they know someone is watching them (called social facilitation), and that's why we could all probably use some more fitness buddies! Feel free to add me :smile:
  • AriesGrl
    AriesGrl Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Hi there...Im 6 ft 2in as well...I started out at 300lbs and got down to 175..but then had alot of stuff change in life and gained a bit back...currently at 200, and trying to get down to 150!!! Feel free to add me if you like=)