Are You stinky?!

Options
MamaKeeks
MamaKeeks Posts: 234
How often do you wash your workout gear?

How many times will you wear your gear before you wash it???

I am compulsive and wash my gear after every wear because I am paranoid and never want to be the smelly kid lol.... but some of my gym-mates STINK!

So confess - how long will you go between washings??? :huh:

Replies

• og8403
    og8403 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I wash 3x's a week, but I have work out gear for 7 days plus an extra day just incase. So I only wear my stuff 1x a week. I too have that fear of being the smelly one. One time I forgot to wear deodorant and I wouldn't do anything that required me lifting my arms.
  • shannoninBC
    shannoninBC Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    I HAVE to wash after wearing. I sweat a lot when I workout. That would be disgusting lol.
  • SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    I wear the same underwear every workout. I wash them once a year. Keeps the workouts interesting.
  • doorki
    doorki Posts: 2,611 Member
    Options
    workout clothes are worn once than washed....gloves, wraps, etc are washed weekly.
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    I reek.
  • Moonblood
    Moonblood Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I wear it twice. I do strength one day which doesn't make me sweat too much, the next day cardio which usually gets me pretty sweaty. Then I wash.
  • silhouettes
    silhouettes Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I have a couple different outifts. I wash after EVERY use. But I do that on all my clothing, lol. I have a few different in case I'm to lazy to do the laundry one day so I have a new fresh pair for the next day.
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym Posts: 5,573 Member
    Options
    worn once, then washed. I am not putting dried out sweaty clothes back on, no thanks....
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    no comment :blushing:
  • NKF92879
    NKF92879 Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    It depends on how much I sweat. I usually wear once, but occasionally I'll go twice. Of course, I ALWAYS give as sniff test after a wear to make sure it's OK for round two. :tongue:
  • HauteP1nk
    HauteP1nk Posts: 2,139 Member
    Options
    I go maybe two workouts without washing the pants or shorts...but a shirt I won't wear more than once.

! I never want to be the stinky person either... I am paranoid about that as well.
  • lindalee0315
    lindalee0315 Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    I only wear my workout gear once before washing. It's generally soaked when I'm done. I've noticed that with the wicking gear, the smell lingers, even though I wash it after every use. I'm thinking I'm going to have to get rid of one of my favorite tops because it stinks. Not right away, but as soon as I get warm it starts to smell funky. It happened today. I just pulled it out of the dryer, wore it, and some guy who was exercising next to me moved. I hope it wasn't me, but I don't know...so it's got to go.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    When you wash them, you wash out the ketones, which help you burn belly fat. Best not to wash.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Dirty needles spread disease.

What, wrong gear?
  • george29223
    george29223 Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    i 1/4 native cherostinko indian lol well thats what my friends say i am
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I will wear them 2x if I didn't sweat (i.e. wore workout gear while cleaning the house), but not more than once if I did. And most of the time, I wash them every time anyway. And I wash my shoes (yay washable shoes!) at least every few weeks.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options
    evertime I wear it FOR SURE!
  • Emancipated_Tai
    Emancipated_Tai Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    I have about 3 sets of workout clothes, so I wash about 2x a week becuase I rotate outfits
  • MyFeistyEvolution
    MyFeistyEvolution Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    I have enough workout clothes for 5 days...I can't wear dirty ones. Yuck.
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    I wash everything I wear after each use EXCEPT my sports bra, which I wear 2-3 times. I paid a lot of money for that sucker, so I'm not going to kill it by overwashing!! I don't go to a gym, nor do I work out with anyone else around except my husband and/or kids. They haven't told me I stink yet!