what gyms do you go to?

Options
currently, i go to lucille roberts. i love the people there and the classes are so much fun! i don't get along with EVERYONE at my school but the people i don't really like are starting to go to the same gym. in the beginning, i didn't really care because only a few of them went but now, all of them go. i know this is so dumb of me but i really want to switch gyms. id rather go somewhere where i don't know too many people. so i was wondering what gyms you go to and how much it costs. thank you :)

Replies

• torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Virgin Active, but that's more through a lack of other choice nearby.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness just opened here. But apparently they have like 500 different locations nationwide. $10/mo can't beat that!
  • liveyourlifex
    liveyourlifex Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness just opened here. But apparently they have like 500 different locations nationwide. $10/mo can't beat that!

oh true! lucille roberts is $25 a month and you have to pay $40 a few times a year. planet fitness is right across the street from my gym :p
  • tamsinwhitfield
    tamsinwhitfield Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I go to the gym at the University here, because I'm entitled to staff discount (thanks for being on University staff, fiancé). And because it's about half a mile from our house. Platinum membership for £350 a year, yes please.
  • Loraah
    Loraah Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Fitness first. They have some amazing classes at my local :)
  • spazofthedead
    spazofthedead Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    California Family Fitness. Pretty sure it's a local chain. $45/mo.
  • ajcamber
    ajcamber Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    The local YMCA because it's the only place with a pool
  • savlov30
    savlov30 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness:)

I was a member of 24 hr fitness and bodies and motion when I lived in California.
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness...I won't lie...I'm a little spoiled.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    i go to the gym at one of the city parks. its only $23 a month whereas every other gyms in town are more $60-100 minimum.
  • simonek91
    simonek91 Posts: 18
    Options
    I share a family membership to the local YMCA with my mom and brother.

When I'm at school, I use my university's gym but it is always packed with kids who are simply there to socialize, which can be very irritating.
  • iysys
    iysys Posts: 524
    Options
    I go to the gym at the University here, because I'm entitled to staff discount (thanks for being on University staff, fiancé). And because it's about half a mile from our house. Platinum membership for £350 a year, yes please.

we get that benefit too as my husband is a university employee but the gym we get a discount at is $100 after the discount! it is $300 a month regularly. it is insanely swanky though.
  • taxacctdfw
    taxacctdfw Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lifetime Fitness. It is the best gym in our area. I am totally spoiled by it. $65/month.
  • skybird455
    skybird455 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    my gym room at home...with free weights, treadmill, stability ball, yoga mats...etc etc you get the idea
  • secretlobster
    secretlobster Posts: 3,566 Member
    Options
    I'm a member of a really nice local gym (they have one in the town I live and the town I work) called Edge Fitness
    I also belong to LA Boxing
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    I'm in the Chicagoland area and I belong to Xsport. I believe they are a nationwide chain. $19.95 a month all access, lots of amenities. Nice gym!
  • ready2tryagain42
    Options
    I go to the gym on the Army's installation where I work. It is great...and free! Plus they have classes year round..and the best equipment in the area.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    Options
    Gold's Gym in Crofton MD. Soon to be World Gym in Worcester MA.
  • JenivaDoll
    JenivaDoll Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    LA Fitness!
  • shadow3829
    shadow3829 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Planet Fitness!! I love it there!