2 months no weight lost...

Options
I've adhered STRICTLY to my 1200 calorie plan, even tried doing what was recommended to overcome a plateau..eating 900 one day and 1500 the next. I haven't shed a single pound in 2+ months. I'm at a healthy weight now, which may be the reason, but I'm not at the weight I want to be. I'm stuck at 5'1", 127 lbs, and I still want to lose at least 17 lbs.

As far as exercise, I try to jog 3x a week. Is exercise the culprit? Is it not enough??? It's so frustrating, and disheartening.

Replies

• p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    eat more.... I mean.. seriously. Eat those exercise calories back.
    And 900 calories is too low for someone that is active. Change your settings on MFP to lightly active and up your cals.

Also, just glanced at your diary... should have less processed foods, more fresh raw fruits and steamed veggies. Nutrisystem talks a big game, but you can do it cheaper and easier on your own. :flowerforyou:
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    eat differently and exercise more.

edit: sorry, I didn't see that you jog 3x a week. On your diary, though, for exercise, I saw only maybe 100-150 calories burned which says you're probably not doing it long enough.
  • fluffysexyme
    fluffysexyme Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    And 900 calories is too low for someone that is active. Change your settings on MFP to lightly active and up your cals.

This. Exactly! I just had to do the same thing because I have been stuck for a month and a half as well.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to dump the scales and buy some weights.

If you're at a healthy weight now, 'but not the weight you want to be' - I translate that as you 'don't have the body you want'

So buy weights or go to the gym. Lift heavy. Forget about weight loss.
  • Maryaly40
    Maryaly40 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I checked out your diary~add more fruit and veggies to your day and less carbs! Give it a try for a week and see what happens....
  • jallen1955
    jallen1955 Posts: 121
    Options
    Eat more calories. Eat more fruit and veg. Lift heavy things.
  • medaglia_06
    medaglia_06 Posts: 282 Member
    Options

This. Exactly!

I third that!
  • sedosher
    sedosher Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Check out the Eat More to Weight Less group. It is great!
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    You can stay the same weight and still get rid of any unwanted fat, light weight high repetition weight lifting.
  • freezingmoon
    Options
    Thanks for quick responses!... LOL i totally forgot my diary is public.
  • essjay76
    essjay76 Posts: 465 Member
    Options

^^This.

Either eat more, or reduce your calories even more so that your metabolism gets worse. Two months of not even one pound lost is a huge sign that you need to change that. I seriously doubt you want to and can even sustain eating even less than you do now.
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You can stay the same weight and still get rid of any unwanted fat, light weight high repetition weight lifting.

And heavy vs light lifting argument in 3...2...1...
  • Charisse1011
    Charisse1011 Posts: 84 Member
    Options

Also, just glanced at your diary... should have less processed foods, more fresh raw fruits and steamed veggies. Nutrisystem talks a big game, but you can do it cheaper and easier on your own. :flowerforyou:

Ditto
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

I don't think there is an issue with your diary being public.. thats a GOOD thing in this case. I wasn't trying to be ignorant.. I was just speaking from personal exp. I did Weight Watchers, I did stuff like that.. the best thing I have done is cut grains and up all my fresh healthy food. It takes more time, but its worth it!
  • freezingmoon
    Options
    Thanks for all the tips... I had been extremely inactive besides walking and sometimes jogging a few times a week. I just started a job where I will be on my feet all day, so I think you're all right...I need to increase calories, and I will add in some more vegetables especially! It's funny, as a vegetarian that should've been obvious...I'm way too carb heavy. Sometimes you just need someone else to point out what you're blind to....
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Welcome to "Starvation Mode". Your body has adjusted to the lack of nutritional intake and is presently making up for the loss by depleting your muscle mass.

Find your BMR, Set your target weight loss/week goal. and finally EAT MORE.
  • freezingmoon
    Options

I don't think there is an issue with your diary being public.. thats a GOOD thing in this case. I wasn't trying to be ignorant.. I was just speaking from personal exp. I did Weight Watchers, I did stuff like that.. the best thing I have done is cut grains and up all my fresh healthy food. It takes more time, but its worth it!

I'm glad people looked! That way I know they've pinpointed what I'm doing wrong...
  • lizziebeth1028
    lizziebeth1028 Posts: 3,602 Member
    Options
    Since you are at a healthy normal weight I would try lifting weights to make a change in your body.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Sounds to me like you need to dump the scales and buy some weights.

If you're at a healthy weight now, 'but not the weight you want to be' - I translate that as you 'don't have the body you want'

So buy weights or go to the gym. Lift heavy. Forget about weight loss.

Seriously this ^^^and eat.
    Read this group its at about 3000 members now. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/3834-eat-more-to-weigh-less
    There is some hot bodied peole here (as well as people like me who need to lose alot) doing it this way. Read the sticky posts at the start of the forum it will give you some good info.
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    i'm a vegetarian too, and was suffering the same plight, though I'm not at an ideal weight.

I get a lot of exercise and have been about the same size for the last year. the only thing I can think of that may be hindering me is my love for carbs. I've been comparing my sugar to fiber ratio every day to make sure I stay well under 5:1 and preferably closer to 2:1. That way I know the sugars I am consuming are not added. It keeps me on track!