Wanting to compete in figure competition!

Options
I'm at a weight I'm pretty happy with right now, 136, would ideally like to get to 130 though. But I've had in the back of my mind for sooo sooo long that I want to compete in figure competitions. It's something I have always wanted, but never went fourth with. I would LOVE to achieve a body somewhat similar to Jamie Eason. I do realize we are different people and my body may not develop the same way as hers is, but that's what I want to work towards. As I am totally new to this, I would really appreciate peoples inputs as to what type of food plan I should follow and how I need to work out to achieve that. Whether it's good websites or great supplements or just basics, any input is very helpful! Thanks!

Replies

• charliebrooke08
    Options
    simplyshredded.com
    bodybuilding.com
    Most people pay someone to do their diet for contest prep. But you need a pre-season to gain mass first and you may need someone to coach you through your pre season diet as well.
  • foxyhotgal
    foxyhotgal Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    bump
  • yvonnej1
    yvonnej1 Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    As suggested above bodybuilding.com is a great resource, you will find plans there written by Jamie Eason and also details of her nutrition plan.

IMO a good place to start is this http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/womans_lean_sexy_bible.htm and then go on to look at some of the nutrition plans.

Best of luck with your goal :smile:
  • KikiD22
    KikiD22 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would definitely encourage anyone trying to get started in figure, bikini, fitness competition to hire a coach. Yes, it costs money, but the changes I've seen in my body and what my coaches have provided me with has been invaluable. I started out trying to do everything on my own, was convinced I could do it, and had a decent knowledge base to work with. However, I started to see real transformation when I gave in and hired coaches (2 that work as a team) after watching a local show and followed their program. They provide me with everything, what to eat at every meal, my workouts, posing classes, help with hair, makeup, tanning for the stage, suit selection, everything! I'm competing in just over a week for the first time, and I don't think I would have been ready without their help.

Bodybuilding.com is a good resource too, but be cautious with their forums. They are great resource for information, but there are also a lot of negative people on there.