Blue Cheese

Options
CrystalT
CrystalT Posts: 862 Member
I was recently given a big block of blue cheese and I have no idea what to do with it other than put it in a salad or on top of a burger. If you have any recipes or suggestions of what to do with it, please post them. I hate to let something this good go to waste.

Replies

• rachi20024
    rachi20024 Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Put some blue cheese in the center of a portabella mushy and bake at 350 until soft. Make a balsamic reduction sauce (just balsamic vinegar in a sauce pan cooked on low heat until thickened) By reducing the balsamic vinegar it has much more sweet concentrated flavor. top those bad boys! If your out of blue cheese, goat cheese goes well with it too.:flowerforyou:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    Send it to me!! :laugh:

It's really good if you slice a piece of chicken or steak length-wise and then stuff it with some spinach and some blue cheese.

Also, if you cut it up into little chunks and let it get softer- more like room temperature, you can stir it into cream cheese (I use fat free) to make an awesome veggie dip, or spread for crackers. It will take some serious muscles to stir the blue cheese with the cream cheese!

I'm sure I have other ideas that I just can't think of right now, too. I LOVE blue cheese :love:
  • alicnc
    alicnc Posts: 9
    Options
    Plain yogurt, olive oil, blue cheese, cut up celery (I'm sure carrots might be fun too) and however much hot sauce you like. It's like a salad of all the delicious sides from wings.
  • TwinMama
    Options
    Get the biggest tomatos you can find, chop up a little red onion, and get the Mezetta Balsalmic Light dressing (in the produce section next to the bagged lettuce). This would be one of my deserted island foods. Also, the Mezetta Light Balsalmic is actually a salad dressing that tastes better than the full calorie organic version.
    So then, you think what am I going to do with all this dressing? Buy the Jennie O Turkey Sausage (Hot) and boil the links. Throw the dressing, red onion (slices this time), and red, yellow, and green peppers in saute pan and cover. After the links are cooked slice them in with the peppers and onions. My husband and three year old fight over seconds.
  • anglyn1
    anglyn1 Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    I used to have a Weight Watchers recipe for a warm steak and blue cheese pasta salad. I'm pretty sure you mixed plain yogurt and blue cheese and then stired it into a mix of pasta, steak, and grape tomatoes. It was really good.