pasta

Options
ittybittybadonkadonk
ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
I am craving wheat pasta ... but i dont like tomatoes so i am looking for something to put on pasta.... i have tried pesto and it didnt have any flavor..... any suggestions would be helpful .... thank you in advance

Replies

• shellybelly83
    Options
    Fat free itialian dressing and some veggies.

Olive oil, seasonings, veggies.
  • nehtaeh
    nehtaeh Posts: 2,977 Member
    Options
    We like to use a little butter and some parmesan cheese. Or, a vinegarette would work too - or Italian dressing. You could do a white sauce as well. I think most of these might not be the healthiest, although you might be able to get healthier versions, but they are alternatives to tomato based sauces.
  • barbarella
    barbarella Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Toss with a little olive oil, minced garlic & parm or romano cheese.

Add steamed veggies too......... hmmm, making me hungry! :laugh:
  • steinbergshal
    Options
    Try a little bit of olive oil mixed with italian spices (oregano, basil, parsley) and some roasted garlic. For extra flavor/protein, sautee it with peppers, onions, and your choice of lean meat. Toss lightly with the pasta, and add a little bit of fresh grated or shredded parmesan. Yummy! Good luck with pasta day.
  • ironimages
    Options
    kraft has an awesome fat free alfredo, i actually made it with wheat pasta and it was great. Almost felt guilty eating it, it was so good, but healthy too!
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    kraft has an awesome fat free alfredo, i actually made it with wheat pasta and it was great. Almost felt guilty eating it, it was so good, but healthy too!
    i love alfredo but can never find a fat free alfredo.... will keep looking and ty
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    Options
    thanks everyone for the suggestions they all sound yummy :wink:
  • tigersgirl
    tigersgirl Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    you could mix it with a little bit of calavander (greek seasoning) and olive oil-- along with some veggie
  • moujie
    moujie Posts: 229
    Options
    this is making me hungry!!

I just did this last night it was SO good - peel and chop a butternut squash - saute it with salt, pepper and garlic in a little olive oil - after it starts to caramelize a bit add in 2 cups of chicken stock or broth and let it reduce by 1/2 - the squash pieces should be very tender and easy to mash. use a stick blender to puree the mixture and add 1 tsp of cumin and about 1 cup of milk - toss with pasta and serve - I served mine with grilled shrimp last night but you could do it plain or with scallops or chicken or mushrooms - whatever.

...man...now I'm really hungry!:wink:
  • jdavis193
    jdavis193 Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I Buy that no calorie no fat butter put that on it a teaspon of parmesan cheese and salt and pepper its really good!!!