How did you decide your goal weight?

Options

Replies

• nickyfm
    nickyfm Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    Because I remember how hot I looked then :). (Only 1 pound off, and it's exaaactly how I remembered :D)
  • TiffanyDeanee
    TiffanyDeanee Posts: 158
    Options
    My goal weight is forever changing. At first it was 130, then it was 160. Now my goal is 150 depending on how toned I look when I reach that goal.

Edit: And those are just number that I got frm ppl in my family that seem to have the same body type as me. I really don't know what I look like slim.
  • Austin1988
    Austin1988 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I started out at 277 with a goal weight of 235. I always used the excuse that I am 6ft 4 to tell myself that I didn't need to be lower (I think I just didn't want to admit I needed to lose 50+ pounds). Now I am at 244ish and have reevaluated and realize that I can get down to 220-230, so I have kind of readjusted my goal weight.
  • LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo
    LaMujerMasBonitaDelMundo Posts: 3,634 Member
    Options
    When I was at my heaviest weight, I never thought of reaching the weight that I currently weigh now. From 75kilos (165 pounds), my goal was to get it down to 64 kilos (140 pounds), the lowest that I weighed in & I looked average at that weight too even if that is a few kilos over the normal BMI. When I reached that weight, that was where I decided to add heavy weight lifting in addition to cardio & since then both my weight & inches shrank. That is how I got to this weight where I am right now.

EDIT: I currently weigh 54 kilos (119-120 pounds) & waist line from 36 now down to 26 inches. I only stand 1.57m or 5'2
  • Ronngie
    Ronngie Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    I haven't settled on a total goal, I just set one to start with. I will probably reevaluate as time goes on!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I set one of a weight I thought I had a realistic chance of obtaining, rather than my lowest ever weight or anything. Then mid way through my diet I decided to take another stone (14lb) off it, to push myself more.
  • fgaughan
    fgaughan Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I hadn't a clue what my weight was supposed to be at my hight, and like any sensible person I checked with my doctor before taking on any diet/exercise.

Lucky for me I only needed to lose 2 stone.
  • AlexanderK1994
    AlexanderK1994 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I'm 68.9kg (around 152lbs) and aiming for around 50kg (around 110lbs) and I'm 165cm (5'5) tall. Now - I do know that 50.0 is just below the healthy range when it comes to bmi but then again, even doctors say that bmi is outdated. But, to be honest, I am going to reevaluate my goal. As I approach it, I might be able to stop at 55kg or something. :) And how did I choose it? Faint memories from being thirteen and weighing around there. (I'm 17 years old so I think it might still be possible... But if not then oh well - I'll just go with whatever feels healthy for me. :)
  • kjnmomma
    kjnmomma Posts: 7
    Options
    I chose 130 as my goal weight, because when I lost the weight the last time I felt so good about myself. Plus things I wouldn't wear at the size I am now I would when I was a size 8 and felt comfy and not insecure at all.
  • poptastic
    poptastic Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I chose my weight based on what I weighed 4 years ago before I moved to London and started getting fat! But, I now do lot more exercise than I did back then so I'm not sure if I need to revise the number upwards. We'll see...
  • ellebelle2113
    ellebelle2113 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I asked my doctor. She told me at 5'11, I should be between 140-160. 140 would put me at a BMI of just below 20 and 160 is around 23-24 (giving me that bit of wiggle room). So I am aiming for 145 because I really just want to say that I lost over 100 pounds. :-)
  • acman145acp
    acman145acp Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I know at 150 when i graduated hs i was skinny.

I know 190 and muscled up looks good at 5'10"

Most importantly the women i like and who like me arent into "skinny" guys lol
  • Mykaylaliz
    Mykaylaliz Posts: 193
    Options
    i pretty much decided to start off by losing up to 30lbs..once i reach that goal going for more.
  • FindingFit127
    FindingFit127 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    my goal weight is 115. I was 115 before I had my son and now I'm at 143 and that's actually considered overweight for my height- I'm 5'3". For my height a the healthy range is between 110 and 132. Hopefully I can make it to 115.. It really does depend on your height and your build to determine whats best and healthiest for you! Goodluck :)
  • Glucocorticoid
    Glucocorticoid Posts: 867 Member
    Options
    I chose my goal weight based on what I was 24 years ago: 7 lbs, 6 ounces.
    I know I can get back to form, I just need to stay committed.
  • HanPatty
    HanPatty Posts: 21
    Options
    I was 160 before my kids, and at the time I had been putting on weight so I figure another 10 pounds to 150 would be ideal. But I figure as I get closer I can decide if more or less is the way to go.
  • MMarvelous
    MMarvelous Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I remember a weight I was happy at and decided that would be my goal!
  • chantalb20
    chantalb20 Posts: 132
    Options
    I'm 27 and had gained about 30 pounds in the past 7-8ish years. I went with about a 20 pound weight goal, because I knew it wasn't reasonable or healthy to expect to get back down to a weight I was when I was 18 or 19. It just wouldn't be realistic to expect my now adult body to go to a teenage level. Nor would I ever be able to maintain it for any length of time.

Also, re: the Marilyn Monroe statistics- the "size" thing is grossly exaggerated time after time. The best thing is to just look at her measurements in inches:
    Height: 5 feet, 5½ inches
    Weight: 118-140 pounds
    Bust: 35-37 inches
    Waist: 22-23 inches
    Hips: 35-36 inches
    Bra size: 36D

Was she "curvy" in the sense that she had an hourglass figure? Yes.
    But in no world would she ever be considered plump or voluptuous. A 22" waist? My thighs are inches more than that. She needs to stop being toted as such a "real woman" sized icon. A real woman doesn't have a 22" waist and would never be a size 8,10, 12, 14, or whatever else size people claim she represents.

instead of saying "real woman", why don't you say average woman? i have a 22 inch waist, 33 hips and 33 bust, and i'm pretty damn real.
  • mcleodconnor
    Options
    195 is the next weight class below 220. I went from 239-196 but I don't want to be in 195 so j need to gain weight back lol. So in short, I decided based off of wrestling weight classes
  • xsaribarix
    xsaribarix Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 4'9''. The ideal weight for a 4'9'' female is 77-94 lbs. I was 95 lbs. in high school but since I have a small frame I always felt pudgy even at that weight like in my gut and thighs lol. Since my highest weight was 157 I feel going from 157 to 77 is nice and even, an 80 lb. loss. can say, when I reach my goal, I'm less than HALF my size, lol! ;-)