June Starters - Monday Weigh In - September 28

2»

Replies

• sounds like your:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: attitude about this is a healthy one. i needed to hear that. i have alot of weight to lose.There is a journey ahead and i know there will be good days and bad days. going to social stuff is hard and the holidays cookies etc everywhere!! thank god for 100 calorie snacks and yogurt>
  • busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    Oh man, So I'm running the monthly reports for work which means I sit here waiting for them to print out. I get all motivated :bigsmile: and run around the warehouse a couple times. Now I feel like I'm gonna die.

Lesson learned: Real running is harder than treadmill running. :grumble:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Oh man, So I'm running the monthly reports for work which means I sit here waiting for them to print out. I get all motivated :bigsmile: and run around the warehouse a couple times. Now I feel like I'm gonna die.

Lesson learned: Real running is harder than treadmill running. :grumble:

LOL ... that's too funny ... don't you just love it when we learn these lessons ... LOL
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    Not a bad week not done enough working out but really watching the calories - less than a month until the wedding i'm going to.

SW - 180
    LW - 158
    CW - 157lbs

This is according to the scale I have been using since the beginning. But I just bought a new digital scale today the other wasn't digital and it weighed me at 158.2. :grumble: I'm gonna log with the new scale next week as its probably more accurate but i did weigh myself later in the day so maybe that was why?:tongue:
  • magglett
    Good Morning June Starters ... It's yet again another dull day here in Niagara. I'm just not going to let anything else get me down. I've decided that I've been making excuses lately to slack off on my healthy lifestyle mission and I'm going to break that cycle starting right this second. So far today (which only really just started) I've been on track so now I just have to stay there. Thank you all for being in my life since June ... you really are the best inspiration.

thursday5.gif
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Good Morning June Starters ... It's yet again another dull day here in Niagara. I'm just not going to let anything else get me down. I've decided that I've been making excuses lately to slack off on my healthy lifestyle mission and I'm going to break that cycle starting right this second. So far today (which only really just started) I've been on track so now I just have to stay there. Thank you all for being in my life since June ... you really are the best inspiration.

thursday5.gif

Way to get back on that horse, Mag.... Me too... I decided... THAT"S IT!!!! This is not the time to slow down...its the time to buckle down even more and really push through....
  • kandyjo
    Weighed this morning... The scale still says 218...which is weird, because I really felt like I lost this week....
    BUT anyway....
    HEre's the deal... I found out that our local gym here DOES offer ZUmba classes. I'm stoked... So, I am going to go get an actual membership. I also found out that several of my friends go to this...Guess I should talk more about fitness with them... I'd find out some useful info (:
    But anyway, next week is going to be a different story...I will be logging a loss here!!!!
  • magglett
    Way to get back on that horse, Mag.... Me too... I decided... THAT"S IT!!!! This is not the time to slow down...its the time to buckle down even more and really push through....

YAY for us!!!

2050127rqz3idwoiq.gif
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    I would love to join the gym; I think it's what I need to push past my plateau and keep me motivated. I just don't want to spend the money.
  • Weighed this morning... The scale still says 218...which is weird, because I really felt like I lost this week....
    BUT anyway....
    HEre's the deal... I found out that our local gym here DOES offer ZUmba classes. I'm stoked... So, I am going to go get an actual membership. I also found out that several of my friends go to this...Guess I should talk more about fitness with them... I'd find out some useful info (:
    But anyway, next week is going to be a different story...I will be logging a loss here!!!!

I wouldn't worry about maintaining this week.. when you stress your muscles (either starting a new program or upping the intensity your current one) they produce a lot of glycogen. Water binds to this glycogen like crazy, so you retain more water than usual. So I'm sure that next week that'll re-normalize and you'll be posting fantastic numbers! :flowerforyou:
  • Just like to wish everyone a Happy October!! This will be month 5 for us, so take a minute and look back at how far we've all come! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • busymom74
    Oh man, So I ran a million 2-3 min runs yesterday at work, picked up my daughter and had an amazing dinner.

Weighed in this morning:

168.7 :noway: :noway:

Really?? That's a total of 2.4 lbs this week. I mean I really want to beleive it since I've been doing so good this week even the weekend! So I think I'll take it and run like he*l. :laugh:

SW- 195
    LW- 171.1
    CW: 168.7 :heart: :smooched: :love:

26.3 lbs in 5 months WHOOOO! :love:

Edited because I'm too excited to spell things right. :laugh:
  • kandyjo
    Just like to wish everyone a Happy October!! This will be month 5 for us, so take a minute and look back at how far we've all come! :flowerforyou: :drinker:

Wow!! That's insane!!! didn't really think about how long its been (:.... I gotta lot of work to do!!! :ohwell:
  • kandyjo
    Oh man, So I ran a million 2-3 min runs yesterday at work, picked up my daughter and had an amazing dinner.

Weighed in this morning:

Really?? That's a total of 2.4 lbs this week. I mean I really want to beleive it since I've been doing so good this week even the weekend! So I think I'll take it and run like he*l. :laugh:

SW- 195
    LW- 171.1

2.4 lbs is AWESOME!!!!! AND you broke the 170's!!!! How incredible is that?!!!! :drinker:
  • magglett

Weighed in this morning:

SW- 195
    LW- 171.1

YAY ... Welcome to the 160's!!!
  • busymom74
    It's so exciting I feel guilty. lol what if my Wii is wrong? lol I'm being stupid, I weighed twice and got the same thing twice. lol

I'm def gonna hit my goal of 160 by Dec. 4. I'll be halfway to my goal then. :happy:

26 lbs of hamburger is HEAVY! Holy crap! :bigsmile:
  • glandis
    glandis Posts: 89
    Weighed this morning... The scale still says 218...which is weird, because I really felt like I lost this week....
    BUT anyway....

Hey kandy.. I'm sure zumba will be a great motivation for you. I have lost all this weight this summer by sticking to my calories and Zumba-ing. I do take another strength class and I run but mostly all my workouts are zumba 3-4 times a week. I have doing it for almost a year now and I am not sick of it yet!
    Its so fun. My instructor is awesome and I have made a lot of new friends through Zumba! Have fun.
  • kandyjo
    BUT anyway....

Hey kandy.. I'm sure zumba will be a great motivation for you. I have lost all this weight this summer by sticking to my calories and Zumba-ing. I do take another strength class and I run but mostly all my workouts are zumba 3-4 times a week. I have doing it for almost a year now and I am not sick of it yet!
    Its so fun. My instructor is awesome and I have made a lot of new friends through Zumba! Have fun.

Thanks!!! I can't wait...
    The gym offers a lot of other stuff I want to do also... spinning and kickboxing to name two.... I'm excited... Wish me luck and I will keep my June Starter Friends updated!!!! :heart:
  • ilike2moveit
    Just like to wish everyone a Happy October!! This will be month 5 for us, so take a minute and look back at how far we've all come! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
    I can't believe it's been 5 months! Before I joined I had spent months bouncing between 155 and 164 and I was 157 when I started MFP. I have only lost 13 pounds since then. :grumble: I bought the 30 day shred workout video, hopefully that will work.
  • magglett
    Hi there June Starters ... just want to drop a quick note ... my computer is being wonky ... maybe a virus or something ... my techie friend will be checking it out for me but not 'til next week so not sure when I can get back on. I'm heading out of town for a few days so I'm hoping to have this fixed up after I get back. Honestly ... what ever is going on is making this computer sooooo slow. Please don't count me out if I'm not on for a while ... I'll be back as soon as I can.

technical_difficulties.jpg
  • kandyjo
    Hi there June Starters ... just want to drop a quick note ... my computer is being wonky ... maybe a virus or something ... my techie friend will be checking it out for me but not 'til next week so not sure when I can get back on. I'm heading out of town for a few days so I'm hoping to have this fixed up after I get back. Honestly ... what ever is going on is making this computer sooooo slow. Please don't count me out if I'm not on for a while ... I'll be back as soon as I can.

technical_difficulties.jpg

Gotta hate when a computer gets wonky! LOL :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: That cracked me up..."Wonky"!! :laugh:
    We will miss you terribly!!!!! I hope the wonkiness is resolved soon :happy:
  • kaja
    kaja Posts: 145 Member
    I weighed myself again this morning with my new digital scale and although it told me 158.2 yesterday this morning i was 157.0. I'm so happy i thought i might have to have a gain so i could start using the new scale but it looks like my other one was fairly accurate after all.:laugh:
  • datenshi
    datenshi Posts: 840 Member
    SW: 253.4 lbs (June 26)
    LW: 222.0
    CW: 219.2

Progress this week: - 2.8 lbs
    Total Progress: - 34.2 lbs

I usually weigh in on the correct day but I have been pretty ill for a week and a half with bad headaches and didn't feel like it until today. I have still been eating well, just wasn't up to posting.

Take care all and have a great weekend!

T

P.S. I changed my username since yahoo and google now index posts from myfitnesspal and I don't like have my proper name out there.
  • kandyjo
    SW: 253.4 lbs (June 26)
    LW: 222.0
    CW: 219.2

Progress this week: - 2.8 lbs
    Total Progress: - 34.2 lbs

I usually weigh in on the correct day but I have been pretty ill for a week and a half with bad headaches and didn't feel like it until today. I have still been eating well, just wasn't up to posting.

Take care all and have a great weekend!

T

P.S. I changed my username since yahoo and google now index posts from myfitnesspal and I don't like have my proper name out there.

Awesome!!! Wow!! 34.2 lbs!!! That is fabulous!!! Here is a great big WAY TO GO!!!! Just for you :drinker:
  • ilike2moveit
    I decided to start substitute teaching again in hopes of attaining a teaching job next year. I have been on a 5 year hiatus from teaching while I stayed home with my son and I have been working PT but not in my field. Anyways, this forced me to go clothes shopping today. I have been wearing 12's and 14's and they are all baggy-today I was in 10's! I have lost 8 sizes. I'm not at my goal, but I'm happy with what I have achieved. Keep at it ladies-it's worth it!:happy:
  • magglett
    Hello my friends ... I just got back from a weekend away. Hubby and I went to our daughter's surprise 25th birthday party. Way too much food, way too much wine, not nearly enough exercise ... way way too much fun :laugh: Well I'm back now ... back to my normal routine.
This discussion has been closed.