Fitbit is a RIP OFF

Options

Replies

• LRodich
    LRodich Posts: 15
    Options
    I had trouble at first two...but that was because I did not see the MANUAL that is found on their site...I think it's on the menu options on the bottom of one page. The problem you are having is the same problem I was having...operator error due to not being able to find the simple instructions for it. I wrote to them and they responded immediately, and even sent me a new charging station for free (it didnt seem to be recognized by my computer..I later found out it was my COMPUTER, not the charging station, so now I have two base stations). I can help you with whatever you need to know too. I LOVE MY FITBIT!! After I finally learned the simple instructions for how to use it, I've loved it ever since..I wear mine ALL the time, even when I sleep at night..and it has been VERY motivating to help get this old woman off her A-- and MOVE!
  • RobynDCrossman
    Options

I had no issues setting up mine. I haven't needed them, but I have heard that fitbit's customer service is amazing.

Customer service is pretty marvelous. My base died and after walking through the process of trying to reset and rehab it - they sent me a brand new one very quickly.
    Nice people, easy to work with.
    No issues whatsoever.
  • Lizabee84
    Lizabee84 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I have had mine for a couple months now besides a quick setup( I set up mine and my sisters with a short amount of time) I have never had any issues. I wouldnt call it a rip off because you couldnt figure it out.
  • Dawnd92
    Dawnd92 Posts: 88
    Options
    I have had my fitbit since February 11th and it is working great. Yes, there are no instructions... but go to fitbit.com and/or plug in your docking station and it walks you through it.

My friend has one too and it stopped working on her... they sent a new one without any troubles (for free). I had an issue with my fitbit service manager not working when I upgraded my computer software and customer service was awesome.

Can't imagine doing as well with my weight loss without it... 52 lbs since January 1, 2012.

Don't give up on it yet! :)
  • brayla1
    brayla1 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    What can we help you with? My "Lilbit" is my constant companion and is my motivator!! I don't leave home without it!:laugh:
  • syntax_terror
    Options
    it's actually super simple and totally awesome once you get started :)
  • LRodich
    LRodich Posts: 15
    Options
    Go to their MAIN PAGE (www.fitbit.com) WITHOUT logging in, and scroll down to bottom...see 'Help', and then click 'Ultra Manual'. It's right there.
  • Cocochickdeleted
    Cocochickdeleted Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    I agree with everyone else; it is not a rip off just because it didn't come with a paper manual. I LOVE my Fitbit; so much so that I bought one for my daughter and my mom. Follow the directions at the Fitbit site and you should be up and running in no time.
  • MarincicS
    MarincicS Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Don't give up on it!! Just go to the on-line instructions and you'll have it set up in 5 minutes. Follow the instructions on the MFP website (Tools, also FAQs), to sync with MFP. Easy, fun, motivational.
  • Debbiefit45
    Debbiefit45 Posts: 31
    Options
    What's a "Fitbit?"
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    So... Did you get it work finally??
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    Ummm, ok.. www.fitbit.com
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    There is a Fitbit Users group on MFP that answers questions as well -

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/forums/show/1307-fitbit-users

Like other people mentioned the FitBit website has instructions that explain everything you need to know and numerous people have said their customer service is awesome.

Just be patient, read up and get to know it. I love mine.
  • ladykale
    ladykale Posts: 1
    Options
    Very simple and straightforward - didn't need the manual, but easy to get online. Not sure why you think it is a rip off?
  • lizzus
    lizzus Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I love my Fitbit! I couldn't get mine to sync with my computer right away but after looking at the FAQs on the Fitbit site, I uninstalled and then re-installed the software and it worked like a charm ever since. I hope you can figure it out, because it's a really great tool. :)
  • KendraLoveless
    Options
    I just got mine yesterday and I thought I downloaded it but NOT!!! I had to go online and go through all the steps. I finally got it synced and is working GREAT!!! Love it.
    But, how do you get MFP synced with it????? HELPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP!!!!!

if you go to the tools tab at the top of MFP, or just go here:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/tools

...and then click learn more about the fitbit ultra...

on the left there are two green buttons, one to buy one and one to link your fitbit account. click the button to link accounts. then you just have to log in to your fitbit account, and give permission.

Then I suggest you read the page of tips it gives you.... It tells you important stuff like do all your entries on MFP, include your start times on logged exercises, etc.

It's easy peasy!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    I wish I were this smart.
  • carolemack
    carolemack Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    I think I smell a TROLL...one just can not be this dense!

I absolutely love my Fitbit and had it set up in less than 2 minutes with no problems!
  • scalewarrior
    scalewarrior Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have had mine about three weeks and I am absolutely loving it and it is really encouraging me to get up and move. I bought one for my husband. If you are still having issues with setup and use, I am sure some of the other users would be happy to help you. I think once you get used to it you will like it. I especially like the sleep feature.
  • Kittehkitteh27
    Options
    Sounds like an ID-10-T error to me. The only way to fix it is to put it back in the box and return it.