Don't Give Up...

Options
mruntidy
mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
Hi Everyone, I've seen a lot of people worried about fluctuating weight for one reason or another, in women particualrly I know TOTM plays a big part which can't be helped. I decided to weight myself before and after my gym session today which involved a half hour spin class and a 20 minute abs class

Start weight 82.9kg
End weight 82.1kg

A loss of 800 grams or 1.7 pounds

I know this is purely down to water lost as sweat, but hopefully this will help show you that your weight can fluctuate dramatically over very short periods of time and that this is NOTHING TO WORRY ABOUT. Keep at your goals, keep at your diet and carrying out your measurements and you'll get there.

So when you're next on your weigh in day and you've done everything you can, been honest with your diary and kept on top of your exercise but the scales say different, don't worry too much as there are loads of factors that play a part in that +2 pounds number you see, and if anything hopefully it motivates you more to work harder for a bigger loss next time.

Replies

• TiffaniBarrett
    TiffaniBarrett Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Beautifully said Mr! x
  • ZombieChaser
    ZombieChaser Posts: 1,555 Member
    Options
    Great post mruntidy! This is why we're friends! hehe
  • littleworm23
    littleworm23 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Well said. :)
  • Aperture_Science
    Aperture_Science Posts: 840 Member
    Options
    A great way of explaining it!
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    brilliant post, thankies :D

Ive never worried about the small ups n downs but its nice to have it made nice and clear that it happens to everyone :)
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    ty :D
  • worktowander
    worktowander Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thanks - it's easy to forget that there are lots of factors controlling that scale.
  • richellekramer
    Options
    Thanks for this. I have been staying the same give or take 2 lbs for the last three weeks and getting very frustrated. It doesn't seem to matter if I eat back my exercise calories or not, eat 1200 or 1500 calories, no change. Grrrrr....... need to take a breath and keep on going with the plan.....
  • Blessedmommy_2x
    Blessedmommy_2x Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Great Post... VERY true!
  • LondonEliza
    LondonEliza Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    The scales usually say I have put on 1 -1.5 lbs after exercise because of the litre of water I drink during exercise. I do interval training on an exercise bike and I SWEAT! so I need that water :)
  • chelekaz
    chelekaz Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    love it. great reminder for the new members as well as some of us older members who sometimes forget! :heart:
  • victoriasnow
    victoriasnow Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    i definitely needed this today, thank you!
  • jackieatx
    jackieatx Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Thank you. I was just about to get down on myself because I've lost almost 4 pounds but gained .2 yesterday and .2 today. I'm just hoping that its due to water or muscle, because I am sore from two days ago.
  • KCoolBeanz
    KCoolBeanz Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Thanks for this. I have been staying the same give or take 2 lbs for the last three weeks and getting very frustrated. It doesn't seem to matter if I eat back my exercise calories or not, eat 1200 or 1500 calories, no change. Grrrrr....... need to take a breath and keep on going with the plan.....

That's kind of where I'm at right now too, and it's starting to annoy me! I'm trying to be patient with it though, since I know it won't happen overnight (as much as I want it to). Today, I'm going to shake things up and re-do the C25K program, but start at a faster pace. I haven't done it in over a year, so I think it's a good way to change things up :-)
  • betholiver
    betholiver Posts: 70
    Options
    bump
  • mruntidy
    mruntidy Posts: 1,015 Member
    Options
    Oh and after another 1.2 litres of water before my evening workout I remained at 82.3kg so that was all lost as sweat too :)