Women should NOT LIFT HEAVY!

Options
1235»

Replies

• chjones21
    chjones21 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    come on ladies. show me your sTATs!

I really, really want to start to get fitter and stronger in terms of weight-lifting. At the moment I am unfit, tall and relatively skinny and forty-one years old - I weigh (I think last time I weighed myself at the gym few months ago) 125lbs or 57kgs and I am 5foot 9inches.

I am very unfit in terms of stamina - I do have a gym membership amazingly (what an extraordinary waste of cash that is). I need to schedule in going to the gym but I never think I have the time!

So perhaps having a competitive target might help me - if I aim to get to what you are doing maybe?

At the moment I don't think I have the stomach muscles to do a single sit up - or the arm muscles to do much more than 5 press ups???

So what I need to do is repetitions of three to five times of lifting and then just increase the weight slowly, I guess. I think I will start small - with the small girl weights!
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    bumpin' for later.
  • charliebrooke08
    Options
    come on ladies. show me your sTATs!

I really, really want to start to get fitter and stronger in terms of weight-lifting. At the moment I am unfit, tall and relatively skinny and forty-one years old - I weigh (I think last time I weighed myself at the gym few months ago) 125lbs or 57kgs and I am 5foot 9inches.

I am very unfit in terms of stamina - I do have a gym membership amazingly (what an extraordinary waste of cash that is). I need to schedule in going to the gym but I never think I have the time!

So perhaps having a competitive target might help me - if I aim to get to what you are doing maybe?

At the moment I don't think I have the stomach muscles to do a single sit up - or the arm muscles to do much more than 5 press ups???

So what I need to do is repetitions of three to five times of lifting and then just increase the weight slowly, I guess. I think I will start small - with the small girl weights!

Lots of beginning programs will suggest higher repititions. 4 sets of 12 reps or 3 sets of 15 reps. I used this program when I first started: http://www.simplyshredded.com/the-ultimate-female-training-guide.html

It's awesome and you'll be able to do it since you have a gym membership. I recommend getting a least one session with a personal trainer to familarize yourself with different machines and lifts.
  • PattyPowerHouse
    PattyPowerHouse Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I totally understand slow isnt quite the same but it is still effective, especially to those who are saying they cant afford the gym and they dont have enough weights
  • hannahhop99
    hannahhop99 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Im 120. 5'2 1/2 im a freshman in highschool
    My max:
    Squat: 210
    Deadlift: 230
    Bench: 95