Day 1 - New here!

Options
pamelak5
pamelak5 Posts: 327 Member
Hi everyone,

I heard people raving about the site and decided to sign up this morning. I have recently gotten into working out in a great way - I work out with a trainer once a week and work out solo a few days a week (usually at lunch). I am hoping to lose 35 pounds.

I broke my foot a couple years ago and have been trying to work back up to running ever since. The break led to arthritis and until a few months ago, I was in pain every day. Through a lot of PT and a really consistent workout regimen, it rarely hurts for more than a few minutes a day. My goal right now is to get to 200 pounds (I weigh 216) so that I can start running again - I want to wait to start until I can get a ltitle pressure off my feet. (I know that weight is no barrier to running - I used to run 20-25 miles a week, including a long 8-10 mile run, when I weighed 210 or so :))

I also love to cook. I work full-time and have a toddler, too. Looking forward to being part of this community!

Pam

Replies

• bella7966
    bella7966 Posts: 49
    Options
    Hi and welcome to the site. I love it and been on here a month. Enjoy the support and motivation. Please feel free to add x
  • RichardCMolloy
    RichardCMolloy Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Welcome Pam! I wish you all the best in reaching your goals. Feel free to add me if you'd like.
  • debjr66
    debjr66 Posts: 10
    Options
    Hi, I'm Debbie and I am 46 years old. I started to walk about 1 hour, which is about 4 miles, 7 days a week. I don't each much and I have gained almost 4 lbs since walking for an hour a day, everyday, for almost a month. I am disappointed!
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Pam! I've got to hand it to you - sounds like you've been working hard to rehabilitate your foot. If you have that kind of self discipline, I think you'll do great on this site. Feel free to ad me as a friend.
  • Mrshotwing
    Mrshotwing Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Your welcome to add me if you need the extra support. :)
  • DGK12
    DGK12 Posts: 117
    Options
    Welcome! This is an aweome group of people, and there are great resources. Good luck on your journey!
  • reggie2run
    reggie2run Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Hi Pam,

Welcome to MFP!!
    I've been here for about 3 weeks and I love it.
    Everyone is so great, supportive and motivational.
    Please feel free to add me.
  • lpava
    lpava Posts: 8
    Options
    Hi Pam! :)

Im Libia and Im starting with MFP today ! I signed up a year ago but went with weightwatchers instead. Unfortunately as soon as I started eyeballing points and not keeping count, I gained all my weight back! Im hoping to lose 25lbs within the next few months! Good luck to you! Feel free to add me, I think we both could appreciate the support!
  • slgossage
    slgossage Posts: 1
    Options
    I love this site. My husband and I both joined after realizing we need to lose about 100 lbs. I love the food tracker and the bar code scanner with the droid app. I am a stay at home mom with 3 kids and it is so hard to get motivated to exercise and actually eat during the day. I am so busy with house and kid stuff. I am exctied about finally losing this baby weight. My girls are 17 months apart so I was pregant for 3 years straight. It is so tough. Wishing everyone good luck on their weight loss journey and keep up the encouragement.