My not-so-serious theory on sweets

Options
So my wife buys a thing of Chips Ahoy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies knowing damn well I have very little will power against these type of tasty treats. :grumble:

So here's what I would do normally... eat the whole bag that same night.

Here's where my theory comes in. If I eat them all now they can't keep tempting me the rest of the week, right? Plus I only have one day of going WAY over my calories instead of multiple days still going over just not as quite as much as if I'd eat the whole bag. :laugh:

So far so good so far though. I'm actually getting a little sick thinking about having to eat the whole bag tonight. :sick: :laugh:

Replies

• Mamakatspokane
    Mamakatspokane Posts: 3,098 Member
    Options
    :tongue: That's my theory! Why ruin a whole week? Just one night and move on:laugh:
  • cwvanek
    cwvanek Posts: 111
    Options
    Exactly :) I was just thinking this the other day about a bag of M&M's.
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I agree, and do the same thing with oreos. PLUS I'm pretty certain there's a 24 hour grace period before the sugary goodness really does any damage. So just run a lot the next morning and you'll avoid any conflict!

:drinker:
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    I'm going to have to do some online research to find out what's worse long term just for the heck of it:

6 cookies a night for a week on top of normal upkeep calories
    or
    42 cookies in a day on top of normal upkeep calories

Maybe say doing that once a month...
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,734 Member
    Options
    Why don't you log the whole package on your food diary and see if you still want to eat them! That usually stops me right there.
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    Why don't you log the whole package on your food diary and see if you still want to eat them! That usually stops me right there.

I (probably) won't eat them all. I'd have to skip dinner and that's hard to do when you have to feed little ones. :smile:
  • vhuber
    vhuber Posts: 8,779 Member
    Options
    I think of how hard I have to work my you know what to BURN that many calories off! No thanks I'll eat a sweet apple, it is sweet, crisp , low in calories, high in fiber, fat free. GET THE PICTURE??? Good luck, let your workout be from PUSHING the darn FULL bag in the trash!!!
    vhuber
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options

Exactly, log them and see if you want them at all.

This is the sixth week I've been back on the wagon, and any time I want to stray I think about all the *kitten* busting I've done, and I lose the craving whatever it was I was thinking about.....except beer, but I've been pretty good about that too.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I just checked, 2250 calories is the whole package. That's my daily goal w/o excersise!

That, is 2/3 of a pound instantly. Not to mention the spike in blood sugar. Yeah try and space those bad boys out, and tell your wife not to bring them in the house.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Yah I just looked them up as well.

2 cookies
    8 grams of sugar
    150 mg sodium
    5 grams of fat.

so 42 cookies would be
    168 grams of sugar :noway:
    3150 mg of sodium
    105 grams of fat

Best is to take them into work , or throw them out.:bigsmile:
  • FitToBeFab
    FitToBeFab Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    I was thinking you could eat them all, and show those cookie's who's boss...but I think the cookie's would actually end up being the boss. Plus, I got nausious just thinking about 168 GRAMS of sugar at one time. Blech.
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    Or you could throw the cookies in the trash... and they won't tempt you for the rest of the week (and you don't add on calories). lol
  • GreenEyedMonster
    Options
    What if i don't eat anything but cookies over the course of the day?
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    sugar high and toothaches LOL LOL
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    sugar high and toothaches LOL LOL

Haha yeah that..and a nap after the sugar crash.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    I have a plan (I'm not saying I've tried it on a regular basis). :bigsmile:
    Eat 6 cookies. Get on treadmill and burn half. Repeat until all cookies are gone. Fill rest of meals will protein and vegetables.
  • Georg
    Georg Posts: 1,728 Member
    Options
    So my wife buys a thing of Chips Ahoy Oatmeal Chocolate Chip cookies knowing damn well I have very little will power against these type of tasty treats. :grumble:

So here's what I would do normally... eat the whole bag that same night.

Here's where my theory comes in. If I eat them all now they can't keep tempting me the rest of the week, right? Plus I only have one day of going WAY over my calories instead of multiple days still going over just not as quite as much as if I'd eat the whole bag. :laugh:

So far so good so far though. I'm actually getting a little sick thinking about having to eat the whole bag tonight. :sick: :laugh:

I kinda use this theory myself. :blushing: That's why treats rarely make it in the front door. :bigsmile:
    Truly, though, I've often wondered...
    :ohwell:
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    I'm going to have to do some online research to find out what's worse long term just for the heck of it:

6 cookies a night for a week on top of normal upkeep calories
    or
    42 cookies in a day on top of normal upkeep calories

Maybe say doing that once a month...

Interesting question... :wink:
  • mybabiesrock
    Options
    Just take them to the neighbors.:flowerforyou: I cleaned out all the sweets today and took them next door. Homemade cookies and all. They have 5 kids so they wont go to waste and I wont continue to eat them.
  • mamaturner
    mamaturner Posts: 2,533 Member
    Options
    I actually started having my husband hide goodies I didn't want to get my hands on (or did :wink: ) But after a while and really talking to myself my self control is getting MUCH better, yay!