Hello....my first post....my first day

2»

Replies

• janet1124
    janet1124 Posts: 6 Member
    First post, second day! I read a blog that said I'll be more successful if I add a picture (eek, I did that), and if I post. So here we go..Welcome and add me as your buddy! :smile:
  • FTClown
    FTClown Posts: 181
    Wow, soe serious motication there.
    It is amazing that you have decided to join in.
    Honestly after reading your words and feeling your motivation I feel as though your starting story is a success story.
    Congratulations!!!

Hope to see some good progress.
  • stestut
    stestut Posts: 42
    Welcome! I became a member of MFP about a month ago at the urging of my trainer and it's been going really well! I journal EVERY DAY, even if I go over my allotted calories, because if I don't, its easy to slip and not go back.

My food diary is open so ifyou'd like to take a look at what I eat in a typical day (though this last week, I've been having ice cream every night...that's not typical!), feel free!
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Welcome and good luck on your journey, because this is a journey and not a destination. You can do this and this is a great support place to turn. If you haven't, start adding all of the wonderful people who replied here as friends. I started this on my own to prove to myself I could do it but when I started reaching out to others, I started learning much more about health and overall fitness. This site rocks!!

Anyone reading this can feel free to add me. I've been on for a almost 3 months here, I log on everyday and try to provide feedback to everyone.
  • MrsJBC
    MrsJBC Posts: 10
    Thanks for the love everyone! I am at work so I have limited access to pics so I had to dig up one from a few years back that was stored on shutterfly. LOL. I'm probably about 30 lbs heavier now than my profile pic but I don't even have a current pic because everytime I see a camera I run the other way! Same with mirrors! I will take one though just so I have the visual of where I started to compare with my new healthy body....once it's here. I can picture her now and she looks good!
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Welcome.
  • Greeneyz64
    Greeneyz64 Posts: 14 Member
    I can relate to you on sooooooooooooooo many levels!! Welcome
  • mhounsell
    mhounsell Posts: 11
    I heard the other day.... 1 hr of walking adds 2 hrs to your life expectancy.... Sounds like a great deal to me...! Welcome to your journey, and you can do it!!!
  • xpeggyx
    xpeggyx Posts: 4 Member
    It's not easy but it's doable. We can do it all together :)
  • bp716
    bp716 Posts: 68 Member
    I am joining today too with the same goal! And I avoid the cameras too!
  • InnyGinny
    InnyGinny Posts: 1
    Hello everyone... this is my first day here too. I am not really sure how to use these message boards, or how to create my own message. Just wanted to wish all of you lots of luck on your journey.

Quick question... about... questions. Where do I go if I have any? On here where you track your water consumption - it says recommended 8 cups - is that 8 x 250 mL or 8 8oz? I am sorry if I'm directing my question to the wrong place...

Happy day to all of you! :)
  • , i admire folk who do something about their own predicaments, it was nobody that got any of us over weight but ourselves, so it upto us to turn it around,,, i am only two stone overweight but it also have a real bad back ,been riding motorsikkels for 30+ years and hard work has done my back some harm i stopped smoking 60 cigarettes a day 6 mths ago, and so the two stone ,or 28 lbs has crept on ,i have recently purchased a mountain bike and do cycling 3 times a week sure its hard But it will get easier, i walk now where i once used the motorsikkel,, i will get there ,as i hope you will ,my words of wisdom are never ever be embarressed about anything you want to try to lose weight, true people will acknowledge you and encourage you more so than you think so dont think about doing anything or the consequensces ,just get up and go do it,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, i wish you and everyone here the willpower to succede i know i will it might take time, but i will succede