Body back after baby.

Options
Kenzietea2
Kenzietea2 Posts: 1,132 Member
I am currently 6 months pregnant with my first (a girl! yay!). I have been trying my hardest to eat as healthy as possible, but pregnancy has made me a picky eater that I never once was (and never thought I'd be). At 24 weeks I have gained approximately 18lbs, so not too badly so far considering I am already swelling and more than halfway done!

I will try to keep it short. How long did it take you to get back to your pre-pregnancy weight after having the baby? I will be breast-feeding so long as my body permits.

About 6 months after my due date my husband's best friend is going to be getting married in the Cayman Islands and we are going to attend. I am 100% okay with not being able to wear a bikini, but I just want to feel comfortable and pretty. I realize 6 months might not be enough time to lose all the baby weight, but I would just like to know others experiences and around how long it took you.

Replies

• EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,849 Member
    Options
    No useful advice, but you're so gorgeous I doubt anyone will care if you've still got a little baby weight.
  • Kenzietea2
    Options
    No useful advice, but you're so gorgeous I doubt anyone will care if you've still got a little baby weight.

This is why I am glad we are friends :blushing:
  • qtiekiki
    qtiekiki Posts: 1,490 Member
    Options
    I lost all the weight by 4-ish months with my 1st, and by 9-ish months with my 2nd. I gained 30lbs and 34lbs for the two pregnancies.
  • lmkelly679
    lmkelly679 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    It sounds like your not going to have too much to lose once you have your baby. Your going to drop a good amount by the time you get home from the hospital and breast feeding really helps too. I didn't breast feed but thats what I've heard. Just take it easy 6 weeks after birth but take short walks, walking helped me a lot. My daughter is 8 months right now and I've lost 70 pounds since she was born, so you can do it by the time your trip comes. Just keep doing what your doing, eating healthy. My pregnancy was high risk so i couldn't even go for a walk, but if your ok, go for a walk every day if possible. I gained too much during my pregnancy and regret not eating better, next time I'll make better choices.
    Congratulations on your pregnancy!!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    I'm still trying to lose my baby weight ;p

My wife lost it all in 3 months just breast feeding and doing Pilates. oh and on a positive note she was more curvy and sexy afterwards.

you'll do great
  • Kenzietea2
    Options
    I'm still trying to lose my baby weight ;p

My wife lost it all in 3 months just breast feeding and doing Pilates. oh and on a positive note she was more curvy and sexy afterwards.

you'll do great

I've already got enough curve, LOL. Thanks everyone. I think I just needed reassurance. I am not high risk but I have had some pelvic pain that has made walking not the easiest, but I have been doing Yoga and other pregnancy work out dvd's. I feel less stressed about it after your responses, so thank you.
  • jay10587
    jay10587 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My first baby girl is now 8months old and I am about 12lbs from being back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I gained about 45lbs but immediately lost 20lbs after she was born. I was weighing in at 219 the day I went in to be induced and I ended up having an emergency c-section which sucks cuz my belly is pretty flabby now at the bottom :frown: after I get down to a reasonable weight I'll work on toning up that area but for now I am soooo not comfortable in a bikini

Butttt congrats and good luck! Having a girl is sooooo much fun! :happy:
  • chachita7
    chachita7 Posts: 996 Member
    Options
    With my first child I walked out of the hospital wearing my pre-pregnancy size 3 jeans...
  • tpittsley77
    tpittsley77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    I am six months post baby #2. I am down 26 lbs from my prepregnancy weight. I was big to begin with..... baby #1 was nice to my tummy. But thus baby, not so much. I may be down a good amount, but I am hoping my tummy shrinks soon!
  • luv_lea
    luv_lea Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    It took me FOREVER! BUT, I did not watch what I ate the whole time I was pregnant, nor did I have ANY idea what I was doing afterwards to lose the weight. I wish I would have found MFP wayyy sooner and it would have taken me less time.

I think you're on the right track to being able to bounce back after your pregnancy within a reasonable amount of time. *And yes OP, you are very pretty, and I agree with comment that doubt it will matter if you do have lil' baby weight afterwards.
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    My first pregnancy I gained a whopping 70, yes 70 lbs...took me 8 months to lose it all...only to find myself pregnant with no.2 lol!!!

My second pregnancy I put on just under 50lbs, took roughly 8 months again.

My third pregnancy I gained about 45lbs and it took alot longer, well over a year....I put that down to being too exhausted to be able to focus on weight loss/exercise as baby no.3 was a terrible sleeper.

You have done amazing to have put on so little, about half of that will be baby, you'll be just fine.
  • alyssa92982
    alyssa92982 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I was back to prepregnancy wgt with my 1st one 3 mos postpartum, my 2nd one 4 mos to prepregnancy wgt and my 3rd one took 4 mos also to get to my prepregnancy wgt.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Mrsfullwood Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    congrats!! I had my daughter 9 months ago....I lost the weight within weeks. why? I breastfed and babies keep you so busy you forget to eat! Then I stopped breastfeeding and started back working and now I have packed on the pounds!
    I did try to watch what I ate while I was pregnant b/c I had baaaad heart burn and also suffered from gestational diabetes but still gained about 35lbs.
    But once you have the baby most of the weight will drop off and also if you breast feed. Good luck! :flowerforyou:
  • Kenzietea2
    Options
    My first baby girl is now 8months old and I am about 12lbs from being back to my pre-pregnancy weight. I gained about 45lbs but immediately lost 20lbs after she was born. I was weighing in at 219 the day I went in to be induced and I ended up having an emergency c-section which sucks cuz my belly is pretty flabby now at the bottom :frown: after I get down to a reasonable weight I'll work on toning up that area but for now I am soooo not comfortable in a bikini

Hey, I will be more than happy being only 12lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight :P And thanks, I am very excited it is a girl. If it makes you feel any better, with my mom's first she gained 80lbs at only 5'2" (10lb 8oz. baby girl) and also had an emergency c-section... continued on to have two more babies, and doesn't have any extra skin on her stomach at 56 years old. It is possible!
  • Kenzietea2
    Options
    congrats!! I had my daughter 9 months ago....I lost the weight within weeks. why? I breastfed and babies keep you so busy you forget to eat! Then I stopped breastfeeding and started back working and now I have packed on the pounds!
    I did try to watch what I ate while I was pregnant b/c I had baaaad heart burn and also suffered from gestational diabetes but still gained about 35lbs.
    But once you have the baby most of the weight will drop off and also if you breast feed. Good luck! :flowerforyou:

Oh the heart burn is killing me! And the first 20 weeks I had morning sickness, badly. I was shocked I gained any weight at all! I am also watching what I eat to control the heart burn. I try to stay away from greasy foods, cheeses, meats, etc. So hopefully that will help with slow weight gain as well. Thank you!
  • Mrsfullwood
    Options

Hey, I will be more than happy being only 12lbs away from pre-pregnancy weight :P And thanks, I am very excited it is a girl. If it makes you feel any better, with my mom's first she gained 80lbs at only 5'2" (10lb 8oz. baby girl) and also had an emergency c-section... continued on to have two more babies, and doesn't have any extra skin on her stomach at 56 years old. It is possible!

*sigh* I'm green w/envy! My first was a c-section! I have that lil pouch that that us moms tend to get after a baby or c-section.
  • Mrsfullwood
    Options
    I had heartburn from 25 weeks on! And I was sick all day every day up until the day I had her...I was the same way with my son. That's why I vow never to get pregnant again. I will shoot my husband in the big toe if it happens again! :bigsmile:
  • summer8it
    summer8it Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I was 108 lbs before I got pregnant, and 155 when I gave birth (I had two pregnancies back to back, but lost the first baby halfway through, and didn't lose any of that weight before I got pregnant again.) So I had a LOT to lose, but with exclusive breastfeeding the weight came off quickly. I was back to 108 lbs by the time my son was 7 or 8 months old... and that was with eating like a maniac and not really exercising at all other than walking around the city.
  • Kenzietea2
    Options
    With my first child I walked out of the hospital wearing my pre-pregnancy size 3 jeans...

There are so many moms hating you right now! lol! That is awesome, though. I doubt I will be that lucky!
  • suzikay12
    suzikay12 Posts: 150 Member
    Options

First off, um, I hate you. I left the hospital still wearing my maternity clothes and still looking 9 months prego!!

To the OP, it took me about 6-8 months to drop the weight and I had way farther to go then you since I gained 60+ pounds while pregnant.