When did exercise become fun for you?

Options
2»

Replies

• Feddyvon
    Feddyvon Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    Excercise has always been fun to me when it involves sports. When it simply involves working out, that's something I'll have to get back to you on when it finally happens. I still have to talk myself into each and every time.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    I like working out now, too! I'm so happy. I look forward to my runs in the evening after my son goes to bed... and I really like lifting weights. It feels good to me... It just feels like I'm actually changing my body and I like it.

Not sure how long it took me.... I've been exercising on and off for years but just started really doing it on a regular basis since january... and I've been doing it consistently since then.
  • lisafrancis629
    Options
    About 8 months ago when I went to my first ZUMBA class. For 20 years I have been on the exercise rollercoaster. Walking, running, gym, elliptical, DVD's and it was always love/hate thing. I didn't like doing it but I knew I should for health reasons. Zumba is so different for me. I go to Zumba classes because I love it and it's fun. I never get bored.
  • NU2U
    NU2U Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    I never found it fun..until I started dancing and lifting weights. The weightlifting isn't really "fun"..but I enjoy the rush.
  • snix1024
    snix1024 Posts: 81
    Options
    I am not sure if I think of it as fun. It was never in my daily routine, now it is and it is more of a rewarding feeling and something that I am proud that I am doing.
  • lolabluola
    lolabluola Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    when my body started changing! it's an obsession now ...
  • santini1975
    santini1975 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    I've been at it 5 days a week on a treadmill or elliptical for an hour and then my pushups, situps, and leg workout. Still have a hard time getting started! I just know how disappointed I will be the next day if I skip it and I know how great I will feel when it's over and that's the only way to get going. It does help if I have a couple new songs on my ipod to listen to! The worst part for me is the boredom that kicks in about half way through.
  • mikes99mail
    mikes99mail Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    when i bought a bike. It's awesome, sitting there watching the world rush by, smiling at the birds and the flowers.
  • mcleodconnor
    Options
    The first time my had was raised at te end of a wrestling match, working out became fun c:
  • penrbrown
    penrbrown Posts: 2,685 Member
    Options
    Exercise was enjoyable nearly the MOMENT I found an exercise I enjoyed...

I think too many people try to force themselves to do activities that just don't suit them. Find the form of exercise you love and then exercise will be enjoyable. It's really that easy.