Stupid Question

Options
I have a really stupid question - Have any of you who have lost weight notice that you get cold quicker and more often? I seem to be affected by the cooler temperature more these days, Anybody else notice that or am I just crazy?

Replies

• lsjd2000
    lsjd2000 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    i have noticed it myself even the difference btwn my dd (9 and stick thin) and ds (6 and built thick) my dd freezes all the time, i don't know the technical reason but it could do to not having as much insulation (fat).
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    I have a really stupid question - Have any of you who have lost weight notice that you get cold quicker and more often? I seem to be affected by the cooler temperature more these days, Anybody else notice that or am I just crazy?

Yep. I'm sitting in my office right now with a sweatshirt on freezing.

I always used to be HOT
  • hopeitworks
    hopeitworks Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Well, I'm glad I'm not the only one then. (as I put my sweater on at work)
  • agarlits
    agarlits Posts: 429 Member
    Options

I used to be able to walk around in shorts and a t-shirt in the fall and be pretty confortable, now I'm freezing all the time. I guess losing that extra insulation really makes a difference.
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I can't tell you how happy I am to hear this - I thought there was something wrong with me! I've been FREEZING for the past three weeks - and I was always hot before - no matter what the weather.

Wow. :happy:

Thanks!!
  • amicklin
    amicklin Posts: 452
    Options
    Yep, since I have lost weight I do get colder much more easily. I'm pretty okay with it though, just means I have less of my own insulation! :laugh: :bigsmile:
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Most definitely!

I just used to wear a denim jacket all winter long, and already I am thinking what day will I have to break out the new LLBean coat I bought because I was so confident I was going to lose enough weight this time around that I would get cold. Also, since I've boosted my water consumption well over 100 oz a day, my hands seem to get cold easily, too.
  • justforme8
    justforme8 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    To add to that question, do you ever feel like when your cold, you want to eat something becasue it will warm you up?? I may be weird, but now that I am losing weight, I get colder all the time. And for some psychological reason I want something warm to eat and I'll be warm.. . . . my husband thinks Im losing it!!!!:noway:
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    To add to that question, do you ever feel like when your cold, you want to eat something becasue it will warm you up?? I may be weird, but now that I am losing weight, I get colder all the time. And for some psychological reason I want something warm to eat and I'll be warm.. . . . my husband thinks Im losing it!!!!:noway:

NO. :laugh: I eat to have energy, not to stay warm. There's calorie free, fat free, cholesterol free CLOTHING for that... :laugh:
  • justforme8
    Options
    I know that silly! Of course with all the blankets and sweatshirts, when Im still cold, I want soup or warm bread or HOT coffee... :grumble: :grumble: Ok, NEVERMIND rereading that, maybe I AM LOSING IT!!!!! LOL:noway:
  • Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    I just drink hot herbal tea.
  • chgudnitz
    Options
    I know that silly! Of course with all the blankets and sweatshirts, when Im still cold, I want soup or warm bread or HOT coffee... :grumble: :grumble: Ok, NEVERMIND rereading that, maybe I AM LOSING IT!!!!! LOL:noway:

:laugh: :laugh: It's natural, food causes warmth (even cold food) But that's not what you want to do :laugh: :laugh:
  • Road2Hotness
    Options
    I've always been a hot person myself and it's funny you mentioned this because I noticed it myself the other night. I had a thin comfortable night gown and I had to take it off to wear some sweats because I was freezing! I even turned on the heat a little in my home.
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options

I crave WARM foods too when I'm cold :wink:
  • kstefanski
    kstefanski Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I was really just about to post this question myself! My boyfriend thinks I'm getting sick because I'm cold all the time. I try to tell him I feel fine, but he is convinced that I'm getting pneumonia :laugh:

Thank you for posting this, I'm glad I'm not the only one!
  • justforme8
    Options
    Im soo glad Im not the only one!! LOL

I know Im not supposed to... And I try my best not to... but days like today rainy nasty cold (in mich) I just want a continous cup of coffee and panera bread frensh onion soup, blankets and trashy TV..:blushing:
    LOL But Im sticking to my no calorie, fat free chol. free sweat shirt! :laugh: :laugh:
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    I nice cup of decaf tea would warm you without negative impace on calories or health.