How do you get your butt out of bed?

Options
13»

Replies

• kmg3475
    kmg3475 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I remind myself I am always glad I did after the workout is finished. I NEVER say, "Oh, that was a mistake." It is so worth it to get it over!!
  • breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 4:30-my snooze is 10 minutes and thenI get up- once my dogs hear me I have to take them out, by the time that's done I am semi awake and then I hitplay on Insanity(always have the right DVD ready to go the night before! )
  • MsRoxyPepper
    MsRoxyPepper Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Just do it! you'll be tired for the first few minutes, but when its over you dont have to worry about it the rest of the day.
  • Jersey_Devil
    Jersey_Devil Posts: 4,142 Member
    Options
    how do i get my butt out of bed? usually i start with other body parts and the butt has no choice but to follow.
  • steph124ny
    steph124ny Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I have a magnet on my fridge that says, "All the coffee in Columbia will NOT make me a morning person." It's true. So instead of fighting it, I go with it. I prefer the 3-11 shift and I do my workout around 10am. If I had to get up at 5 everyday, I would be a miserable "B" 100% of the time....
  • EricFFord
    EricFFord Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I know my problem is that I was hitting my snooze three times before I actually got out of bed. So, my solution to that was to set my alarm 45 minutes earlier. Currently my alarm goes off at 5:15AM. I still hit snooze three times, but I'm still up by 5:45 and on the treadmill by 6:00.
  • Jugie12
    Jugie12 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    He pushes me out if he thinks I should be out of bed.
  • shesquats
    shesquats Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Just do it! Yep, it worked for Nike and it's all there is. Be focused; set the alarm for 5 a.m. Shut it down and the feet hit the ground running. :) Some mornings are easier than others, especially if a late nite before or Mondays can be hard but I know what I feel like when it's done....Priceless! :) Now go get 'em!
  • awetherell
    awetherell Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I started sleeping with the curtains open about 3 weeks ago and I now wake up naturally usually when the sun comes up and then am not shocked awake by my alarm.

Another thing you could always do is drink a couple of glasses of water before you go to sleep (though not too much to cause you to wake up at 4am). It's a little silly, but if you need something to force you out of bed, it could work for a week or so until you're in the habit!

Good luck!
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    I stumble around until I find the coffee pot

definitely this!
  • lizo11
    lizo11 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    I for awhile was bringing my bike to work in the mornings, and then biking home after work. I didn't have a choice but to get out of bed the next morning to ride in, because I had no other mode of transportation. Now when the alarm goes off, I remember that I actually feel better for the rest of the day, and won't miss my workout because of excuses, since it is already done.
  • drmryder
    drmryder Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    My bladder wakes up with the alarm and makes me get out of bed at 5 am. Once I am up, I might as well stay up.

It's takes about 30 days of determination to get up before it becomes a habit and you are used to it.
  • jessie1480
    jessie1480 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Get a dog, mine stands on me till I get up. He has grown accustom to his morning work out. He is a Queensland/fox terroir cross witch makes him supper energetic and smart enuff to wait just long enuff that I don't throw him across the room!
  • winonajosephine
    winonajosephine Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I feel you. I'mnot a morning person at all and started working in the morning before work for about 6 months now .. it's nice to get it done for the day and be able to workout fasted before breakfast. I kind of cheat in that use a preworkout drink to get me going and it really does get you going. There are a few awesome ones you can get at any GNC or whatever.. some have creatine others don't if you don't want .. I've tried a few and like different things about different ones. Some taste pretty bad, Jack3d is the best tasting and is usually about 25 bucks for 45 servings so it's cheaper than coffee. Anyway, I mix it in a glass the night before and set by my bed.. when my alarm goes off the first time I reach over and chug it, lol.. I'll then press snooze and lay back down but it kicks in pretty fast and I'm jumping out of bed to get ready to go workout out.

THATS A GREAT IDEA!
  • msshiraz
    msshiraz Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Not everyone is a morning workout kind of person. I work out 2 days a week at 11, and 3 in the evening (I teach classes so that is my schedule anyway), But I am guessing you need more sleep too. Try going to bed earlier, even just 30 minutes a night will make a world of difference :)
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I usually have to pee first thing so while Im in the bathroom I splash cold water on my face
  • ericarae33
    ericarae33 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I have a personal circus midget who marches in my room plays REVEILLE through a bugle.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • missikay1970
    missikay1970 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    i love mornings, my only time alone. it's easy to get up when my tea is calling me from my back porch to watch the sunrise. after that, hitting the gym is easy :smile: