Hi I am new to this...

Options
I am 24 years old and am looking to be healthier not boney... :wink: . I used to have a great shape big boobs and thick thighs and really thin waist. About 3 years ago I was laid off and i stayed home not thinking about anything but spending time with my baby and sleeping in, eating while watching Maury, in 8 months i went from a size 9 to a 14. :grumble: and now its so the time for me to loose all that wieght.

Replies

• 15electric
    Options
    here are some tips to help u

1.Have faith that all your hard work will pay off if you don’t give up too soon.

2.Understand that you didn’t gain weight over night so you won’t lose weight over night

3. if you think you will over eat eat in front of a mirror

4.Avoid alcohol

6.hang your new too-small-clothes in the front of your closet where you can see them

7.Distraction - clean the house when you feel like binging, if you still live at home, your mum will be so
    happy about you maybe she'll nagg you less at dinner time plus u'll be burning off cals

8.when you feel like junk food Chew sugar free gum or mints constantly. I am never without one or the other in my mouth. The benefits are endless: it kills cravings, keeps your mouth full so you can't binge, burns calories by chewing

9.Buy a pair of expensive jeans at least one size too small. Try them on right before you eat. You will either not want to eat or will eat less. When you lose enough weight to fit into them properly, reward yourself by buying another pair, again one or two sizes too small.

10.Don't eat in front of the telly that way you wouldnt see all them food ads

IMPORTANT PLEASE READ - When going out, take only the amount of money you'll need and nothing extra. That way you won't be tempted to spend it on food. OR GO GROCERY SHOPPING WHEN/IF YOU'RE HUNGRY.

11.In between each mouthful of food that you eat, take a sip of water. It fills you up and slows down your eating so that you stay in control and the meal doesnt turn into a flat-out binge.

12. Write a note to yourself listing all the reasons you are finally ready to lose weight. Keep this letter with you at all times, for inspiration.

13.Never eat anything bigger than your fist.

I really want to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do thissssss I belive if someone puts their mind to it they can do it remember If you can imagine it, you can achieve it. If you dream it, you can become it. Discipline is the bridge between goals and accomplishments
  • YourCatalyst429
    YourCatalyst429 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Good luck...the support from people on here is unreal...it's easier than it seems...if ya work it it'll work!:flowerforyou:
  • ethans09mommy
    Options
    Hello, My name is Rachel. I just had a baby 2 months ago & trying to lose the weight from him. Nice to meet everyone! =]
  • amyboy
    amyboy Posts: 1
    Options
    Just starting out and wanting so bad to get this right this time! Love this site and what I've seen so far.
  • sheilajane
    sheilajane Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Lots of great advice. I bet you've done well.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: