Excessive Sweating (wasn't sure where else to put this!)

Options
This is driving me crazy. Just recently I started sweating, to me, what seems like all the time. I sweat when I do the dishes, I sweat when I walk up one flight of stairs.... don't even get me going on sleeping, I can't even snuggle with my husband anymore without being drenched in about a 5-10 minute time span.

Just now I was hanging up window treatments that I had washed, so I thought I'd grab the electric drill and tighten some of the screws that were loose in the wall. It took me all of 5 minutes. My hair is soaked and the sweat is running down my face and neck.

Is this normal. I hope someone else is in the same situation ... I'm only 34, I hope it's not menopausal issues.... I wouldn't think so since I don't have the other extreme of just being freezing at any given moment.

Any thoughts?

Replies

• Wecandothis
    Wecandothis Posts: 1,083 Member
    Options
    You might want to ask your Doctor about this - because while it may be nothing serious, there is a small chance that it could be a real medical issue - like you thyroid, or an infection, or diabetes. So you should probably see your Doc just to be sure.
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I never even thought of those, Thanks! I'll set up an appointment today.
  • laughingfox
    Options
    I totally have this problem too! Are you on any medications? I am on one that causes excessive sweating -- it is definitely a pain! Good luck at the doc; I hope everything is okay. :smile:
  • nopeekiepeekie
    nopeekiepeekie Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    I totally have this problem too! Are you on any medications? I am on one that causes excessive sweating -- it is definitely a pain! Good luck at the doc; I hope everything is okay. :smile:

nope, no meds. but i've been having a lot of stress in my life lately. who knows what it could be. :noway:
  • angela845
    Options
    i have the same problem, i thought it was just me!! its starting to get me down a bit now, i can't seem to do anything without dripping with sweat, im not smelly but im fed up with beig soaked all the time, i'm only 26 so i know i'm not going through the change, like you i have been stressed a little lately, but this sweat problem as been going on for a while now so i don't think its related.