if every day .....................

Options
i.................were like today you would weigh ????? in 5 weeks .....

hopeful chances or achievable?

whats your thoughts?

Replies

• iwantahealthierme13
    iwantahealthierme13 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    it's only achievable if you want to eat the exact same thing in the exact same quantities every day for 5 weeks...

That isn't realistic.
  • JessLLoser
    JessLLoser Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    If every day were like today, it would be a perfect world!

Predictions almost always turn out to be wrong.

The Mayans 2012

Need I say more?
  • donna_glasgow
    donna_glasgow Posts: 869 Member
    Options
    Mine is saying I will be 0.5 of a lb above a my normal weight ..... nice numbers to read :)
  • britexmom
    britexmom Posts: 145
    Options
    i like seeing the possibilities and it kinda motivates me to push along but i dont really expect the numbers to be spot on. when i first started i was seeing only numbers in the 150's, then the 140's and now i get predications that are sometimes in the 130's....that just shows me that i can get there maybe just not as fast as 5 weeks :)
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    i like seeing the possibilities and it kinda motivates me to push along but i dont really expect the numbers to be spot on. when i first started i was seeing only numbers in the 150's, then the 140's and now i get predications that are sometimes in the 130's....that just shows me that i can get there maybe just not as fast as 5 weeks :)

same here I love reading the numbers and seeing that number go down as well as my own weight, It makes me see my weight loss twice .... The "if every day was like today" has shown me a number in the 50's for the first time (two days in a row) .... so it feels amazing :D
  • AwesomelyAmber
    AwesomelyAmber Posts: 1,617 Member
    Options
    My weekly goal is to have 5 out of 7 days say "If every day were like today" you would weigh less than you do now. I almost ALWAYS have a loss that week when it happens. :flowerforyou:
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    My days are never similar enough to know, but yesterday it told me that "if every day were like today" I'd gain 5 lbs in 5 weeks. :noway:
  • donna_glasgow
    Options
    My days are never similar enough to know, but yesterday it told me that "if every day were like today" I'd gain 5 lbs in 5 weeks. :noway:

ooo I dont like that kind of "if every day" thats just mean :(
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options

It is, but it was a special occasion yesterday so there was a restaurant, and beer, and cake. I knew it was a bad day for the diet, but I also I know every day won't be like that. That's why they're called "special" occasions. :smile:
  • donna_glasgow
    Options

It is, but it was a special occasion yesterday so there was a restaurant, and beer, and cake. I knew it was a bad day for the diet, but I also I know every day won't be like that. That's why they're called "special" occasions. :smile:
    hope you had fun :) the last special occasion i had was xmas lol ... roll on the next one lol xx
  • fatboypup
    fatboypup Posts: 1,873 Member
    Options
    mine said id weigh 30lbs less yesterday! how awesome would that be?
  • sarahrbraun
    sarahrbraun Posts: 2,261 Member
    Options
    It's interesting to see, but I don't think it is very accurate. I should write them down and see if i can *beat* the predictions :)
  • TiffanyElaine89
    TiffanyElaine89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    It's interesting to see, but I don't think it is very accurate. I should write them down and see if i can *beat* the predictions :)

That's a good idea! If your food is similar everyday it would be a good experiment...I don't know if I could eat the same thing for 5 wks though, but I'm sure someone out there can and has. :)
  • ChassityGetsFit
    ChassityGetsFit Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I really like seeing those numbers! I don't think their predictions are based on eating the exact same thing every day, I think it's about the calories in and the calories out and all that, nothing more! I don't think it's what you eat! :)
  • agetlostgirl
    Options
    Today it seriously told me I would weigh 112 pounds in 5 weeks HAHA maybe if I had the metabolism of a 5 year old
  • Marie3391
    Marie3391 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    Yeah that prediction isn't usually very accurate but I'm finding that because of my program in which I'm pretty much eating the same thing for 12 weeks, it's actually working. In fact, I'm losing weight even faster than it says. I believe it only bases the prediction on calories tho, not the other macros :(
  • Qatsi
    Qatsi Posts: 2,191 Member
    Options
    I don't pay attention to that number too much. I have enough daily variation in my diet to where my 5-week prediction has me losing anywhere from 2 to 15 pounds.

I think a better way for them to do it would be to take a moving average and say: "If every WEEK were like the last 7 days, you would weigh XXX pounds." That would smooth out the daily spikes and give a more realistic number.
  • ddemonch
    ddemonch Posts: 16
    Options
    I really like seeing those numbers! I don't think their predictions are based on eating the exact same thing every day, I think it's about the calories in and the calories out and all that, nothing more! I don't think it's what you eat! :)

I totally agree with you :)
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options

Had something similar once...besides it being in red, I expected bells and whistles to go off :laugh: Needless to say I haven't done that again!
  • ttaylor68913
    ttaylor68913 Posts: 324 Member
    Options

The Mayans 2012

Need I say more?

this lol.... Mayans didn't account for leap year... if we wouldnt have had a leap year (ever)... it would be roughly september 2013, today...