Vodka Question

Options

Replies

• kr1ssy23
    kr1ssy23 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    thats how I mix mine....1 part liq to 2 parts mixer...idk maybe I drink too much

Not at all...makes me feel better to know Im kinda not alone. I only drink once a week...sometimes twice...depends on the activities :)
  • kr1ssy23
    Options
    thats how I mix mine....1 part liq to 2 parts mixer...idk maybe I drink too much

<
    this is not me btw...just posted cuz my daughter took 1st and 2nd....I thought it looked kinda bad after i posted. LOL

LMAO, i didnt think it was u! No worries :)
  • kr1ssy23
    Options
    Skinny girl vodka with Diet Coke or Diet Dr Pepper or Diet Sprite is always my go to drink now... :)

Ill have to try this. Thanks!
  • Sd0510
    Sd0510 Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    If u liked fruit loops as a kid...look up LOOPY vodka. I mix mine w/ sprite. It tastes and smells like fruit loops.

That sounds yummy! Does it taste like the Sprite Remix they used to make? I always thought that tasted like fruit loops.

Is that pinnacle? Pinnacle has marshmallow flavored, cotton candy flavored and a bunch of others. Probably not so low calorie though. I haven't checked though.
  • kr1ssy23
    Options
    Thanks for the comments and ideas everyone :)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I second the dirty martini! Vodka, vermouth, splash of green olive juice and you even get a bonus olive snack lol. Low cal, low carb and classic. Plus I've noticed guys are usually impressed by a girl that appreciates a good martini or a good scotch :)
  • dawnkilmurray
    Options
    That sounds like a stiff drink. Every shot is 100 calories.
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    :drinker: somebody say vodka?!?!?!!!!!
  • raystark
    raystark Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    OK, so its friday and I decided to have a few drinks. Usually, I make my drinks with about 4ounces of vodka and 8 ounces of whatever Im mixing it with. Does that seem like too much?

Not unless you are pounding one down every half hour for three hours. Just use something either low or no cal for a mixer.

Nope not at all...Id say every hour and a half to the drink. And Im using a Zero Calorie Arizona Iced Tea. Not the best tasting but it works.

I don't see a problem then.
  • JulieDerda
    JulieDerda Posts: 163
    Options
    vodka and cranberryjuice .. OR .... Vodka and sugar free redbull. both light drinks :):drinker:
  • carriedag
    carriedag Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    try the vodka with a flavored club soda or seltzer water with a piece of lemon or lime..no calories or sodium except for the vodka

This is my plan when I drink. Raspberry flavored seltzer is great! If you're not into sugary drinks like I am, you'll love it! At a bar I would order a vodka and soda water with lemon and lime.
  • carriedag
    carriedag Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    try the vodka with a flavored club soda or seltzer water with a piece of lemon or lime..no calories or sodium except for the vodka

This is my plan when I drink. Raspberry flavored seltzer is great! If you're not into sugary drinks like I am, you'll love it! At a bar I would order a vodka and soda water with lemon and lime.

BTW - I can't handle artificial sugar in any form...so its the real stuff or nothing at all.
  • Fit4Evolution
    Fit4Evolution Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    if u like strong drinks! i mean i would do it but others may not like that much vodka
  • Lord007
    Lord007 Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    vodka tonics with lime. If shots, lemon drops. Lower cals and still get all the fun. It's all about making better choices but still leaving some room for "fun". :laugh:
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options

This. I do vodka with tons of ice and soda water with a lemon or orange wedge. I like to convince myself that I'm hydrating while I'm drinking.
  • kr1ssy23
    Options
    <~~~~~VODKA gurl!!!...I love my vodka...not a party girl anymore...just a mommy needing her time once in awhile :)
  • kr1ssy23
    Options

This. I do vodka with tons of ice and soda water with a lemon or orange wedge. I like to convince myself that I'm hydrating while I'm drinking.

LOVE this!!
  • JBott84
    JBott84 Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    I just looked this up today....basically one shot is an ounce...and that adds up the calories, oh well right you don't drink ALL the time.....
  • kr1ssy23
    Options
    I just looked this up today....basically one shot is an ounce...and that adds up the calories, oh well right you don't drink ALL the time.....

Nope, I dont.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    My husband says if you mix it with crystal light you can't taste the vodka

This is completely true! You have to be careful because it could be dangerous, haha. You cannot taste the alcohol AT ALL.

OP, that doesn't sound like too much to me as long as you're okay with dealing with all the cals! 4 shots is normally what it takes for me to get tipsy/drunk, so that's about how much I drink on party nights :P