Calories...

Options

Replies

• StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    I eat anywhere between 3,000-5,000 calories a day.
    there is no way I could fit that into my stomache and not throw up as my stomache could not hold that much!

holy calories! thats what i eat in like a week! :O

There's no need to put down someone else's eating habits while they respect yours. Please keep it in mind as you comment.

oh im so sorry, i never ment to sound rude at all!!! you must burn off quite a few calories to have such a high intake. you look greatt btw : ))
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    my goal is anywhere from 1500-2000 calories for loss of 2 # a week. once i hit goal weight i should be able to eat anywhere from 2000-3000 calories to maintain.
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    Over 1000 - i want to die
    800 - I feel upset but its not the end of the world
    500 - decent day
    200 - I feel good
    50-100 - I feel amazing,

I mostly eay under 400 calories each day tho. i need the calories to concentrate on studying (finals) but when summer comes im going to actually restrict.

Just hijacked this thread... Next 5 pages will be people arguing with you about how unhealthy that is... But to cut them all off: she's anorexic, not stupid. I'm sure she knows that is incredibly unhealthy and I'm sure she doesn't care because she wants the body of a scrawny pre-pubescent girl and doesn't care if she is slowly killing herself in the process. Within her rights people, and you can't reason her out of an eating disorder.

In before the **** storm :)
    Couldn't have put it better myself!! 400............................WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
  • Jordant107
    Jordant107 Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    And looking good cause of it..................... ;)
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    No offense taken at all. I malabsorb approximately 2/3rd of the calories I eat....So for example, yesterday I ate just under 4,000 calories, but I only absorbed like 1700 of them.

I eat a lot and I absolutely love it. At least 6 small to medium sized meals/snacks per day.
  • meshashesha2012
    meshashesha2012 Posts: 8,326 Member
    Options
    No offense taken at all. I malabsorb approximately 2/3rd of the calories I eat....So for example, yesterday I ate just under 4,000 calories, but I only absorbed like 1700 of them.

I eat a lot and I absolutely love it. At least 6 small to medium sized meals/snacks per day.

i'm curious... why do you have malabsorption issues?
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    My goal is 1200 calories.
    I eat anywhere between 1200 and 1500 calories on good days, but can eat around 2000 on a planned cheat day (or bad self-control day...).
  • whitm2103
    whitm2103 Posts: 41
    Options
    500 - decent day
    200 - I feel good
    50-100 - I feel amazing,

I mostly eay under 400 calories each day tho. i need the calories to concentrate on studying (finals) but when summer comes im going to actually restrict.

Just hijacked this thread... Next 5 pages will be people arguing with you about how unhealthy that is... But to cut them all off: she's anorexic, not stupid. I'm sure she knows that is incredibly unhealthy and I'm sure she doesn't care because she wants the body of a scrawny pre-pubescent girl and doesn't care if she is slowly killing herself in the process. Within her rights people, and you can't reason her out of an eating disorder.

I really hope that was sarcasm...

Really? Sounded completely serious and dead on to me
  • StarvingKyy
    StarvingKyy Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    In order to redeem myself on this thread, before my eating disorder I ate 1500 calories a day. I currently stay under 400 cals, but I am ill. Maybe some day I will find a way out. But I'm pretty sure my healthy calorie intake would be anywhere from 1200-1500 calories.
  • jameehardey
    jameehardey Posts: 32
    Options
    hahahhahahahhhahaha best reply ever
  • jameehardey
    jameehardey Posts: 32
    Options
    I eat around 1500, I wish I could eat more, but I still have a bit more to go. I also wish I could do less, but I like food and eating and I don't like being hungry. I also like long walks on the beach and piña coladas

wooops this is the best reply ever i hell laughed!!!

but im the same i worked up from 1200,1300,1400 and am now at 1500 i have no idea what i should be eating and i dont think im losing weight anymore :( but i dont think i could eat under 1500 now i wish i could eat more! i love foood
  • yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    about 900, sometimes down to 800 or up to 1100-1200
  • suziecue66
    suziecue66 Posts: 1,312 Member
    Options

i'm curious... why do you have malabsorption issues?

Me too! Have you eaten this much throughout your weight loss journey?
  • suziecue66
    Options
    there is no way I could fit that into my stomache and not throw up as my stomache could not hold that much!

holy calories! thats what i eat in like a week! :O

There's no need to put down someone else's eating habits while they respect yours. Please keep it in mind as you comment.

You can see it wasn't a put down but genuine amazement that someone could eat that many calories. just as others amazed someone can survive on 300-400 calories per day.
  • Lobster1987
    Lobster1987 Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I had a duodenal switch. It's been a more than effective tool for my weight loss and I have never regretted it. It's the absolute best thing I have ever done for myself. :)
  • suziecue66
    Options
    I had a duodenal switch. It's been a more than effective tool for my weight loss and I have never regretted it. It's the absolute best thing I have ever done for myself. :)

Never heard of it. Glad it is working for you.
    edit - just watched a you tube of it.
  • sandrajune72
    sandrajune72 Posts: 550
    Options
    Wow. This thread is a real eye opener. :noway:

I can't believe people are surviving on just 300 - 400 calories a day? wtf??? That's my breakfast alone!

I eat around 1500, and I'm usually still hungry. I weigh 150lb, and am well within my healthy BMI range.

My heart goes out to those of you with these awful eating disorders, I can't begin to imagine how horrible it must be. :heart:
  • skullshank
    skullshank Posts: 4,324 Member
    Options
    some very eye-opening replies in this thread.
    to those with a disorder, i do hope that you find it in yourself to get help and get healthy.

my calories have been relatively low this week, but i typically run between 1,000 on the low side and 1,600 on the high side.
    i do need to do a better job of getting more calories in me. i think i overcompensated when i started this whole thing. i was such a glutton before...i finally got past the point of wanting to eat all the time, and now im just not eating enough lately.
    i gotta step it up.
  • janey1306
    janey1306 Posts: 83
    Options
    500 - decent day
    200 - I feel good
    50-100 - I feel amazing,

I really hope that was sarcasm...

Also I.. :,( Because I DO CARE that I am killing myself. I DO CARE that I am unhealthy. It is an addiction, an illness and obviously I DO CARE because I am going into treatment in July. Please don't make me out as the ignorant anorexic girl who's "killing herself but doesn't care". I'm not what you make me out to be.
    I answered this with honesty because Terrie also has an eating disorder. So I thought I'd give her my honest opinion.

glad to read you are going to get treatment for your illness. good luck with it and your studies. I would like to say so much more (not give advice) but whatever i say you have probably heard it before
  • JoyousJustine67
    JoyousJustine67 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I do 600 or below, cheat days i consume more and i try to fast as well :) what works for some does work for others ........ i think just being on here is great to be able to keep track and get support no mater where i am at :)

to date, b4 i started on here and after i came here i have lost over 40 pounds :):)