Help with chinese takeaway!

Options
Hey peeps, I am heading to my friends tonight and we are going to get a chinese takeaway! I have decided to go for prawns in oyster sauce and bolided rice, but I cant find it on the food calculator and I have tried finding the nutrional facts on the net, but cant find it anywhere! If anyone knows or can help, would be very much appreciated, many thanks xxx

Replies

• LynC33
    LynC33 Posts: 196
    Options
    I would just get the prawns ans maybe some chinese veges, but I leave the rice out.
  • Lauramae1985
    Options
    Hey thanks for the advice:smile: xx
  • Tori1981
    Tori1981 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hi

I normaly would go for the nearst item in this case it would be Miguel Prado - Tasty Prawn Stir Fry In Oyster Sauce which is 348 Cals per bowl full and then 203 Cals per 150g of boiled rice,

Hope this help hunny and enjoy your take out x
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    Get a vegetable curry and share a portion of boiled rice :smile:
  • lifes_revenge
    lifes_revenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I work in a chinese i.e. I know whats actually in the food.....pls so help you god NEVER get a curry!!! and even boiled rice is effectively empty calories. Nothing in batter or crispy, most things are packed with salt and msg so when you order request low salt so they don't stick any extra in. And sweet and sour....you dont even want to know how much sugar goes into that!! And don't be afraid to request half portions.....Happy Eating :)
  • RedWeb
    RedWeb Posts: 108 Member
    Options
    I work in a chinese i.e. I know whats actually in the food.....pls so help you god NEVER get a curry!!!
    Why ? Explain more. Nothing wrong with anything in moderation. A chinese once every couple of months won't do anybody any harm. Just keep away from deep fried things. Too many panic merchants on here.
  • lifes_revenge
    lifes_revenge Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Well, generally most of the meats are pre-treated or marinated however you put it, usually in sauces cantaining large quantities of salt, msg and sugar. And that is before you add it to the salt, msg and sugar that is added in the cooking process. There is also alot of potato starch and cornflour involved in the thickening of the sauces.
    You think stir-fry is good but that is home stir-fry in shops/restaurants there is generally ALOT more oil involved as they need things to cook quickly.
    Vegetarians might think they are being good ordering tofu but that is usually deep fried before being added to the dish.
    Even things like seaweed....well just put it down on a sheet of tissue paper and you will see the oil and grease.

Of course some people are lucky and they can order from places that offer steamed options but I'm in the uk so that generally isnt the case unless you are somewhere quite upmarket. And yes very little in moderation as a treat may not be so bad but i wouldnt make too much of a habit of it. Sorry :ohwell:
  • Lauramae1985
    Options
    Thank you v eveyone for all your advice everyone, yous have been a great help :smile: xxx