Anyone losing weight fast??????

Options
I know I'm going to get a lot of people telling me this is unhealthy etc etc. But, I am not on a crash diet, I've gone from 356 in February to 300.0 yesterday (30 of it this past month). I have lost 30 pounds in the past 32 days and just curious if there are any other people losing weight fast on here also? Or if anyone has lost a lot of weight quickly?

Replies

• keaani34
    keaani34 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    I lost 44lbs in 8 months lol, thats not fast, but would luv to know what you are doing to lose your weight so fast?
  • jtotheno
    jtotheno Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    I lost 14lbs my first 2 weeks, don't listen to anyone who tries to bring you down about this! GOOD for you, as long as you're eating healthy and not starving yourself! Expect it to slow down now though, it took me 2 months to lose the last 8 pounds, and still have 30 to go!
  • Travelfixer
    Travelfixer Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    I know I'm going to get a lot of people telling me this is unhealthy etc etc. But, I am not on a crash diet, I've gone from 356 in February to 300.0 yesterday (30 of it this past month). I have lost 30 pounds in the past 32 days and just curious if there are any other people losing weight fast on here also? Or if anyone has lost a lot of weight quickly?

I think when you are quite heavy ( no offense) you lose a lot faster, once you get down its going to go slower, so just keep doing what your doing, it's great!
  • kkmarie11
    kkmarie11 Posts: 114
    Options
    its fine i mean if you have a lot of weight to lose and you start eating right and exercising which you havent done in a while it will be a lot easier for you to lose a lot of weight quickly just dont expect to keep loosing that much weight so quickly since it will start to take longer to lose that much weight. Just think of the contestants on Biggest Loser the first week there exercising for the first time in years for some of them and eating healthy and when they weigh in they loose like 20 pounds but as the show goes on they tend to not lose as much in the following weeks. GOOD JOB and keep it up!! its worth it in the end!
  • nuttyfamily
    nuttyfamily Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options

I think when you are quite heavy ( no offense) you lose a lot faster, once you get down its going to go slower, so just keep doing what your doing, it's great!

This....it does slow down the less you have to lose. Great job and keep it up.
  • cjv428
    cjv428 Posts: 124
    Options
    Congrats! It means that your body was so ready to get rid of some extra weight. Hope you don't slow down any time soon! :)
  • AllyBooMommyof2
    Options

No offense taken at all. I know this just wondering if there are any other people doing the same.
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your loss! I have lost quickly - 80 pounds in 6 1/2 months and have never felt better!
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    at first i lost like that. now it has been 90 pounds in 9 months. it all balances out
  • GregB76
    GregB76 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I've lost 127#'s in 10 months. Does that count? :-)
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I dropped 30 in 7 days when I started back in Dec. 2009. I was almost 500 lbs. it's slowed down since.
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    the people who tell you that don't know what they are talking about. when I weighed 300 pounds began to make healthy changes I began dropping weight rapidly. the heavier you are the more weight you lose. I am still losing weight rapidly by eating healthy and proper portions of food and exersizing. unless you are starving your body you are doing just fine. just ignore them
  • Frannie1982
    Frannie1982 Posts: 23
    Options
    I've been averaging 2+ lbs lost each week since I started. I was at 235 on 3/8 - and as of this morning I'm at 192. I have PCOS and am on medication so that combined with clean eating and exercising (lifting and cardio) 5-6 days a week I've dropped pretty quickly. It has slowed down from what it was the lower I get - but that's alright.
  • cjv428
    Options
    I dropped 30 in 7 days when I started back in Dec. 2009. I was almost 500 lbs. it's slowed down since.

Wow, 30 in a week. I wonder how that is possible. Do you retain more water if you're heavier or something?
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options

Wow, 30 in a week. I wonder how that is possible. Do you retain more water if you're heavier or something?

yes, yes you do. but in my case I was retaining soda pop in place of water. I quit it cold turkey when I started.
  • NocturnalGirl
    NocturnalGirl Posts: 1,762
    Options

Wow!!! 7 days?? I'd love for that to happen to me haha
  • cjv428
    Options

yes, yes you do. but in my case I was retaining soda pop in place of water. I quit it cold turkey when I started.

Congratulations! You are an inspiration. :)
  • chemuyil
    chemuyil Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    My weight also dropped rapidly. I thought it would be a pound a week, but it was more like a pound every couple of days. My goal originally was to drop 10 pounds, and I dropped 4 the first week.

What I did notice was that after a week or so my energy level was dropping, too. i added back in some calories each day, and I am still losing, but much more slowly.

I think the more you have to lose the faster it may come off, at least initially. I am less than a month into this and I've lost 7 pounds, and didn't gain over the last week when I was down with congestion and other symptoms that drained my energy, and I couldn't exercise at all. I think overall this is a good program -- just keep your energy up with the proper amount of calories would be my caution.
  • HannahMarieMcDougald
    Options
    I have lost weight since Jan 6,2012. But the last two months maybe a pound or two :sad:
  • Montanarush
    Montanarush Posts: 76
    Options
    I lost 36 lbs in 9 weeks but I'm 57 and my metabolism isn't as fast as it was. I used to be able to burn it off fast