It's my birthday - pics

Options
LemonBurns
LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
Ok - Like many of you, I saw a pic of me and was like WHAT THE HECK?!?!? Ewwwwww. Time to do SOMETHING! And after thinking this SO many times in the past and NEVER doing anything about it... I adopted a new Motto: “JUST DECIDE”

So... It was a year ago today, on my 34th birthday, that I popped my first Jillian Michaels DVD in and started to TAKE MY LIFE BACK!!!

I am 35 years old and TODAY... it’s my birthday!!! NOW... at the age of 35 I feel better and look better than I have in my whole entire LIFE!!! THIS is the ‘me’ that I wanted to be – this is the ‘me’ that I knew was in there!
How did I do it? Like many of you... I adopted what I like to call the “I-am-not-going-to-eat-everything-in-front-of –my-face” diet and I started running! I have always said that I wished I had the 'desire' to run... I had been heard saying time and time again that, "I want to WANT to run" but I never did,. Exercise and me have never been friends, oh sure, of course I'd start lots - having the best of intentions, but never followed thru, gave up after a week (if that) Until one day a girlfriend (who has never been an athlete) started the Couch to 5k program and got in shape! She started running - if she could do it, I could too! But I didn't -- not for another year, when another girlfriend asked me to start running with her - together we would go out and run a minute, walk a minute for 20 minutes, and that nearly killed me! BUT I stuck with it, built up the running part, started walking less and less ~ this time I was going to do it! I took the plunge and signed up for my very first race - a 10k, it’s NEXT weekend!! So now I have taken my "I want to WANT to run" and have turned it into simply this: - I just want to go and run! It's AMAzing what one can accomplish if they set their mind to it and JUST DECIDE!

Ok – here are my pics... I think the before one is about 158 lbs and the others are around 128lbs. I have gone from wearing a size 12/14 to a 4 – and I CAN’T believe it ~ I have gotten to a weight that I am happy with, but I know it’s not all about the # on the scale... I started weight training recently so that I can tone all this up, so I am prepared for the scale to go up, and I don’t care ~ I am comfortable with that.... OH!!! and I can’t wait to post a bikini pic one day... ‘Cause It’s not over... I just plan on getting better and better ~ until I die! Ha ha... So stay tuned.

Untitled.jpg
Saw this, decided it was time for a change!!

2012-05-12090836.jpg
This was my goal dress... it hung in front of my treadmill for a year!

Notscaredofspandex1.jpg
No longer Scared of Spandex!!

Untitled-1.jpg
This is my HAPPY DANCE!!

Have a FANtastic Saturday everybody - and to all my fellow Canadians out there - enjoy the LONG weekend!

Replies

• hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Amazing progress! You have done so well and taken your life back! nice work and thank you for sharing your happy dance picture!! :flowerforyou:
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Amazing results! I'm very impressed and HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Wow - great transformation! You should be VERY proud!

Happy Birthday!!!! :drinker:
  • LemonBurns
    Options
    Why Thank you, Gentleman :) Now - I think I'll go out and do a quick 5k birthday run ~ ha ha... My how things change in a year, eh?
  • heidi5k
    heidi5k Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    1. Happy Birthday!
    2. Your goal dress is SO cute! And you make it look even cuter!
    3. Love your attitude, and your honesty.
    4. Looking forward to your updates!!

:) - Heidi
  • mom2gar
    mom2gar Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday and way to give yourself the gift of life!
  • sammi220
    sammi220 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday!!!! you look amazing in your after pics ,kudos to you for achieving success :)
  • bassman92
    bassman92 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Bump......you deserve alot more kudos!
  • LemonBurns
    Options
    Bump......you deserve alot more kudos!

Aren't you sweet ;) I think I'll keep you!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    SO awesome...HAPPY BIRTHDAY! :D
  • Jesea
    Jesea Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday! Well done! You look fabulous!
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    You look great and a lot younger
  • BriskisGrl
    BriskisGrl Posts: 461
    Options
    You look fantastic.. Happy Birthday!
  • nigel061
    nigel061 Posts: 109
    Options
    Happy birthday from England - good work.
  • Ellas_Time_4_Change
    Options
    Absolutely gorgeous! You look at least 10 years younger now! Happy B-day :flowerforyou:
  • sevencallmemom
    sevencallmemom Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday to YOU! Oh my word, you look amazing!
  • mibrewer413
    mibrewer413 Posts: 78
    Options
    You look AWESOME!!! Happy Birthday too! What a great B-day present!!
  • TealStar13
    TealStar13 Posts: 165
    Options
    You look awesome! Way to go on your success. :)
  • LWeiler82
    LWeiler82 Posts: 40
    Options
    You look amazing!! Happy Birthday and a Happy May 2-4 to you!
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! You look amazing!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!