Can you recommend a good pre-workout powder?

Options
SPNLuver83
SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
I'm about done with my container of jack3d. It was ok, but nothing special. Looking for something with more oomph to it, that can be used before both cardio and strength. Any suggestions? There's so many out there not sure which one to try next. I was thinkin about no-xplode or c4 (i think that's their names).

Replies

• VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options
    3-6g Beta Alanine (straight-up, no blends!), great for endurance in cardio and weights
    It delays soreness from lactic acid buildup
    It's one of the major ingredients in jack3d, so I am sure you are already use to the pins/needles feeling

The dose really matters, to get this amount from jack3d, it would take 2-3 scoops at least
  • walkner88
    walkner88 Posts: 165
    Options
    1MR is the best I've ever used. 1 scoop and I felt like i could fight 100 ninjas. Seriously though. I was able to work out much harder and for longer than I had ever been able to before.
  • dlpnrn2b
    dlpnrn2b Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    bumping for later :)
  • km_jenn
    km_jenn Posts: 107
    Options
    I love MR 1. I also like c4, pins and needles feeling is very strong though. Kind of freaked me out at first, almost like I was being shocked the first few times, but it did go down a bit. I also like super pump. Nano Vaper was my old go to, and I just started taking that again on occasion. What I love about it is the energy and the warm sensations as you lift. I feel like a superhero... lol. I like to have 2 favorites on hand so my body stays performing optimal with them.
  • Mercenary1914
    Mercenary1914 Posts: 1,087 Member
    Options
    3-6g Beta Alanine (straight-up, no blends!), great for endurance in cardio and weights
    It delays soreness from lactic acid buildup
    It's one of the major ingredients in jack3d, so I am sure you are already use to the pins/needles feeling

The dose really matters, to get this amount from jack3d, it would take 2-3 scoops at least

Beta Alanine, Arginine, Citrulline, and/or Agmatine..... FTW
  • VMarkV
    VMarkV Posts: 522 Member
    Options

Beta Alanine, Arginine, Citrulline, and/or Agmatine..... FTW
    Also great ingredients (minus the arginine though)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I'm about done with my container of jack3d. It was ok, but nothing special. Looking for something with more oomph to it, that can be used before both cardio and strength. Any suggestions? There's so many out there not sure which one to try next. I was thinkin about no-xplode or c4 (i think that's their names).

My recommendation is to go to this website, http://www.truenutrition.com/. The NO stuff is a little over-hyped. I recently switched to two pre-workout products from the company I just posted. The first being Rocket Fuel and the second being just plain-ole Creapure (creatine mono). It's so much cheaper than all those highly-marketed NO products and just as effective if not more. You can combine it with their BCAA Plus product for a complete peri (pre & during) workout drink.
  • IndianCat3
    IndianCat3 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Beachbody E&E...hands down
  • atag2011
    atag2011 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    My husband just bought Alarm (from GNC) and he says it works better than Jack3d!
  • BoxingCoachMo
    BoxingCoachMo Posts: 420
    Options
    some guy i know uses Grenade, but it doesn't wear off for ages.
  • SPNLuver83
    SPNLuver83 Posts: 2,050 Member
    Options
    I never got that pins and needles feeling from jack3d.... i was kinda disappointed about that! I like to feel the stuff start to work... I was lookin at that 1mr stuff online last night as well... seemed to get good reviews.... thanks for the input so far, please keep it coming! I'm gonna be leaving to GNC in a few :p (only place around me to get that kinda stuff and I can't wait for mail!)
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    I never got that pins and needles feeling from jack3d.... i was kinda disappointed about that! I like to feel the stuff start to work... I was lookin at that 1mr stuff online last night as well... seemed to get good reviews.... thanks for the input so far, please keep it coming! I'm gonna be leaving to GNC in a few :p (only place around me to get that kinda stuff and I can't wait for mail!)

GNC is so overpriced, at least go to Bodybuilding.com or something else. I had no choice but to buy my protein powder from GNC this week and it's literally double the price I pay at TrueNutrition.Com and less servings, not worth it.
  • kristelpoole
    kristelpoole Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    I've used the No-Xplode and I liked that. I could feel myself getting pumped for a good workout - cardio or strength.

Then I got Assault... meh. It's fine, but not the same burst I was getting before.

Curious about some of the other recommendations, too...
  • hongruss
    hongruss Posts: 389 Member
    Options
    I have used NO & liked it BUT I felt the effect tapered off towards the end of an hour w/out, plus it is a "mirror" supplement, more show than go!

I moved on to Assault, I preferred this to NO & thought it delivered consistent energy.

I would reccommend CRAZE over both of these, it doesn't give a traditional kick & therefore will not suit a lot of users. But it does focus your energy & workout. It doesn't have a "pump" effect like NO, it doesn't have a "rush" like Jack3d or 1MR BUT it just delivers clarity. Hard to explain the effect but the result is easy to feel :)

Russ
  • solarpower03
    solarpower03 Posts: 12,161 Member
    Options
    Good old creatine or caffeine works better than most costly stuff.
  • ChristineDiet
    ChristineDiet Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    bump
  • jaxxie
    jaxxie Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • jjean905
    jjean905 Posts: 175
    Options
    I use N-Zero Extreme from GNC in orange flavor. If you're a gold card member you get 20% off of it the first week of every month. After my discount it costs $47 and lasts me a full month. I get the "pins and needles" effect and really gives me energy to get through my workout. I love the flavor too, it tastes almost like Tang
  • alltalk199
    alltalk199 Posts: 275
    Options
    interesting, check this later!
  • rando348
    rando348 Posts: 22
    Options
    A 200 milligram caffeine pill will do you just as good as any of that other **** above. Caffeine is in pretty much all of those and its what will get you hyped. Alot of the effects of those products are simply in your head.