Just getting started.

ldillard8927
ldillard8927 Posts: 2
edited September 20 in Introduce Yourself
I have started the weight loss journey many, many times in the past. I will go strong for a few weeks and then just slack off or begin to sabotage my efforts, all the while, making excuses. It's now time for complete honesty with myself- what I eat, my sedentary lifestyle and lack of motivation. So far I have set a poor example for my children, it's now time to step up my game for my kids but most importantly for myself.

Replies

• bethany_jurries
    bethany_jurries Posts: 169 Member
    Welcome to MFP! Here the people are supportive and caring. Each day you must make the choice to eat better and do some sort of activity. If you know you will be busy for the day and not able to work out make sure you DO NOT go over your calories!!! The days you work out meet your protein requirements. Learn to park further away at the store so you can get a little more exercise. Add your veggis and fruits, drink lots of water, and do not go over your carbs either!!! Weigh yourself when it works for you! Make sure you get someone to work with you either by phone, e-mail, or going to the gym with you! Good Job starting this journey! You can do it! We all are here to encourage you too!!!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!! You will love this site if you don't already. I love this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, easy to use, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you a lot of success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • Hi everyone. I have finally decided that there is no better time than the present to start my new habits. I am 32 yrs old, married to a wonderful husband, and have a 9 year old son. I have some friends that use this website and absolutly love it. They are having great succes and I hope to follow in their steps.
  • Hi All!!! Just restarted Jenny Craig today. Weighed in at 204.2. I have never been over 200 before, even when I was 9 months pregnant with my kids. This has been a really rough year. But today is a new day and I'm so excited to start this journey. This site looks amazing!!! Can't wait to use it!
This discussion has been closed.