It's my birthday - pics

Options

Replies

• islandgirl1984
    islandgirl1984 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow girl! You look amazing!!! What a transformation. Your legs and arms look especially great. Good job and happy birthday. :)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! The dress looks phenomenal on you!
  • tunapuna41
    tunapuna41 Posts: 1
    Options
    Happy Birthday to you - you've given yourself a great gift and given me such an inspiration on the day when I earnestly decided "This is It".
  • megmay2591
    megmay2591 Posts: 621 Member
    Options
    Wow! Great job!! Where did you get that blue dress, it is so so cute!??
  • SmallTownSweetie03
    Options
    Ok - Like many of you, I saw a pic of me and was like WHAT THE HECK?!?!? Ewwwwww. Time to do SOMETHING! And after thinking this SO many times in the past and NEVER doing anything about it... I adopted a new Motto: “JUST DECIDE”

So... It was a year ago today, on my 34th birthday, that I popped my first Jillian Michaels DVD in and started to TAKE MY LIFE BACK!!!

I am 35 years old and TODAY... it’s my birthday!!! NOW... at the age of 35 I feel better and look better than I have in my whole entire LIFE!!! THIS is the ‘me’ that I wanted to be – this is the ‘me’ that I knew was in there!
    How did I do it? Like many of you... I adopted what I like to call the “I-am-not-going-to-eat-everything-in-front-of –my-face” diet and I started running! I have always said that I wished I had the 'desire' to run... I had been heard saying time and time again that, "I want to WANT to run" but I never did,. Exercise and me have never been friends, oh sure, of course I'd start lots - having the best of intentions, but never followed thru, gave up after a week (if that) Until one day a girlfriend (who has never been an athlete) started the Couch to 5k program and got in shape! She started running - if she could do it, I could too! But I didn't -- not for another year, when another girlfriend asked me to start running with her - together we would go out and run a minute, walk a minute for 20 minutes, and that nearly killed me! BUT I stuck with it, built up the running part, started walking less and less ~ this time I was going to do it! I took the plunge and signed up for my very first race - a 10k, it’s NEXT weekend!! So now I have taken my "I want to WANT to run" and have turned it into simply this: - I just want to go and run! It's AMAzing what one can accomplish if they set their mind to it and JUST DECIDE!

Ok – here are my pics... I think the before one is about 158 lbs and the others are around 128lbs. I have gone from wearing a size 12/14 to a 4 – and I CAN’T believe it ~ I have gotten to a weight that I am happy with, but I know it’s not all about the # on the scale... I started weight training recently so that I can tone all this up, so I am prepared for the scale to go up, and I don’t care ~ I am comfortable with that.... OH!!! and I can’t wait to post a bikini pic one day... ‘Cause It’s not over... I just plan on getting better and better ~ until I die! Ha ha... So stay tuned.

Untitled.jpg
    Saw this, decided it was time for a change!!

2012-05-12090836.jpg
    This was my goal dress... it hung in front of my treadmill for a year!

Notscaredofspandex1.jpg
    No longer Scared of Spandex!!

Untitled-1.jpg
    This is my HAPPY DANCE!!

Have a FANtastic Saturday everybody - and to all my fellow Canadians out there - enjoy the LONG weekend!

Today is also my daughters birthday! She's 6! Happy birthday and congrats on your success! You look amazing!
  • BG10708
    BG10708 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! You certainly made the last year count. Way to Go!
  • CarrieR3
    CarrieR3 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Awesome and Happy Birthday :happy:
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday! You have given yourself the greatest gift ever!
  • glittersoul
    glittersoul Posts: 671
    Options
    Happy Birthday!! You look amazing!! :)
  • nas24
    nas24 Posts: 880 Member
    Options
    Wow! Your a great inspiration! WTG!
  • Willbenchforcupcakes
    Willbenchforcupcakes Posts: 4,955 Member
    Options
    You look truly amazing! Happy Birthday!
  • PhotographyChick
    PhotographyChick Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    You look FABULOUS! WTG and keep up the great work! Happy Birthday my dear!
  • hersheyskiss
    Options
    You look great!
  • mred93
    mred93 Posts: 100
    Options
    Happy Birthday! You look Amazing! Truly inspiring
  • mevalentina
    mevalentina Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday sweetie you look gorgeous!!
  • rachel264
    rachel264 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    You look great! and Happy birthday
  • DaBigChief
    DaBigChief Posts: 146
    Options
    what a great job you did!! Congrats
  • Young28
    Young28 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Very Motivated!!! You look great! HAPPY BIRTHDAY!:flowerforyou:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic!!!! Congrats to you, that dress looks gorgeous on you!!
  • cindyluu17
    cindyluu17 Posts: 61
    Options
    I luv ur goal dress! It's so pretty! U look amazing! AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO U!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!