eating clean?

Options
can any one please explain what that means, in full? i think i have the jiist, but maybe im not getting the whole idea of it. thanks!

Replies

• acg1305
    acg1305 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    Nothing processed basically.
  • kdiment
    kdiment Posts: 31
    Options
    I'm trying to eat clean the majority of the time, but I really don't know much about it. I really don't eat processed foods (for the most part) and I stick to whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Definitely cut back on sugar, too. I replaced artificial sweeteners with Truvia. That's really the majority of what I eat.

I've been falling off the wagon in regard to that though, but it's a lot easier than it sounds.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Avoid processed as much as possible. If it is processed, 5 ingredients or less and things that you recognize (like butter should be sweet cream and flavoring, not dyes and things you can't pronounce). Whole grains - avoid white carbs (white breads, refined sugar). Eat as much fresh food as possible - fruits, veggies, lean meats (especially fish and chicken/turkey).

The basis of eating clean is going back to the original source of food. We really don't need chemicals and additives added to our foods. Foods don't need to be processed and refined. They're perfectly good as nature produced them!
  • FitMommyLuv
    FitMommyLuv Posts: 28
    Options
    Thanks for asking i was wondering too...
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    I wash all my food before I eat it.
  • Chantal34
    Chantal34 Posts: 128
    Options
    Nothing processed basically.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    The definition is different for so many. I agree with most of the posters here. As close to whole/fresh as possible and little or no ingredients you can't pronounce. For us we stil buy salad dressing and gluten free crackers that are processed, but otherwise we eat fresh and whole. We make our own Peanut Butter and sometimes Almond milk.
    Some folks say its anything that requires processing whihc would include rice and oats and such which for me seems to rigid. Good luck and get the book "The Happiness Diet" it's about alternatives to processed foods with great fresh food recipies and it'll make you think twice before buying canned or processed foods.
  • PinkRainToday
    Options
    I'm trying to eat clean the majority of the time, but I really don't know much about it. I really don't eat processed foods (for the most part) and I stick to whole grains, fruits and vegetables. Definitely cut back on sugar, too. I replaced artificial sweeteners with Truvia. That's really the majority of what I eat.

I've been falling off the wagon in regard to that though, but it's a lot easier than it sounds.

Some "whole grain" breads are processed, though. x: And a majority of brands use high fructose corn syrup in their wheat breads. -___-