Where are all the "Gingers" at?

Options

Replies

• 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Born a redhead, still a readhead. (I must say, I don't really care for the term "ginger" though...)
    No, why not? (Serious question)

I'm not offended by it in any way, I think it's more because it's foreign to me. French is my main language (although I've been able to speak English fluently since I was 6) and although I've lived and worked in predominately English places (covering both Canada and even the US), until joining MFP (2 months ago), I had never heard the expression....and I'm 33! lol
    Oh I see, interesting. I think "ginger" is an English term actually, don't hold me to that though. Might explain why you never heard it.
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Howdy. Are daywalkers welcome? I have dark red hair with a red beard, but brown eyes and brown eyebrows.
    So what would the opposite of a "daywalker" be?
    It's a joke reference to south park. According to Cartman, gingers have a disease called Gingervitis. Daywalkers are redheads that don't have all the Gingervitis symptoms, but they are actually more dangerous than gingers, because they can disguise themselves as regular people.
  • 1Kristine1
    1Kristine1 Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    Howdy. Are daywalkers welcome? I have dark red hair with a red beard, but brown eyes and brown eyebrows.
    It's a joke reference to south park. According to Cartman, gingers have a disease called Gingervitis. Daywalkers are redheads that don't have all the Gingervitis symptoms, but they are actually more dangerous than gingers, because they can disguise themselves as regular people.
    I actually laughed out loud when I urban dictionary searched it.
  • wannaslim
    wannaslim Posts: 31
    Options
    Hey, another ginge here! And proud lol ;)
  • Tigermad
    Tigermad Posts: 305 Member
    Options
    I'm ginger too:-)
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    I actually laughed out loud when I urban dictionary searched it.

Lol... 'Daywalker'... Very clever :) I'd never heard it but then I've never been a South Park fan... Not a ginger either - just lurking :happy:
  • Lotte34
    Lotte34 Posts: 429 Member
    Options
    hello! :)
  • DangerMouse7
    DangerMouse7 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    My Grandparents were ginger, skipped my mom, I have ginger tendencies, less obvious the older I get. My daughter (15) and late son(16) were pure ginger.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,710 Member
    Options
    bottle ginger here.
  • nicolasara
    nicolasara Posts: 25
    Options
    Another one to add to the party here!!
    Seems we're not a dying breed after all :)
  • IrishMinx32
    IrishMinx32 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    79 lbs! Way to go.

Thank you!!

chelleann, I read that was a myth. Other things I've read about redheads: redheads were once viewed as witches, redheads require more anesthesia, redheads feel more pain, and redheads have more sex....take that one blondes :)

/quote]

Exactly!!! Hi There, I'm a full blown red head. 100% real, too LOL
  • Oh_Cat
    Oh_Cat Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm more of a bondie but I do come from a big family of lovely red heads - and my boyfriend's red too <3

Would be honoured to count any of you fine firey headed people among my MFP friends - feel free to add me up :)
  • thisfaceisamask
    Options
    i am ginger!!! :)
  • mlmcquinn
    mlmcquinn Posts: 41
    Options
    Redhead born and bred. Now going a bit grey and trying to find a red dye with blond instead of brown! Being a redhead is so much a part of my identity, I can't let it go and go grey.

I have 4 kids and none are redheads *sigh* My sister is a brunette and she got 2 gingers. Looking around where I live, I don't believe we are dying out. It is crazy how many redheads live here.

As to the "less pain tolerance" myth, I saw them testing that on mythbusters and was floored. I had never heard it before! There are actual scientific studies proving that red headed women have a genetic link that makes them have a HIGHER pain threshold. I laughed when I read that because I always just thought my sisters were whiners!

The other thing I hear all the time is that reds bleed more. Every single time I walk into a hospital for any reason, they look at my hair and say, "Oh, you're gonna be a bleeder>"
  • jg627
    jg627 Posts: 1,221 Member
    Options
    Redhead born and bred. Now going a bit grey and trying to find a red dye with blond instead of brown! Being a redhead is so much a part of my identity, I can't let it go and go grey.

I have 4 kids and none are redheads *sigh* My sister is a brunette and she got 2 gingers. Looking around where I live, I don't believe we are dying out. It is crazy how many redheads live here.

As to the "less pain tolerance" myth, I saw them testing that on mythbusters and was floored. I had never heard it before! There are actual scientific studies proving that red headed women have a genetic link that makes them have a HIGHER pain threshold. I laughed when I read that because I always just thought my sisters were whiners!

The other thing I hear all the time is that reds bleed more. Every single time I walk into a hospital for any reason, they look at my hair and say, "Oh, you're gonna be a bleeder>"
    And don't forget, regardless of what you may have heard: gingers do have souls!
  • marketdimlylit
    marketdimlylit Posts: 1,601 Member
    Options
    ay ay, i'm a fellow ginge. :D
  • HungerGame82
    HungerGame82 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    All natural!!!! I loved seeing this post :)
  • sleepyjean88
    sleepyjean88 Posts: 180 Member
    Options
    Hiya!! loads of gingers here! I used to hate the term ginger as I've gotten older though I honestly dont mind it anymore and use it.
  • chelleann777
    chelleann777 Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    chelleann, I read that was a myth. Other things I've read about redheads: redheads were once viewed as witches, redheads require more anesthesia, redheads feel more pain, and redheads have more sex....take that one blondes :)
    [/quote]

I know:) I just think its funny. I can't believe no one has mentioned the red heads all have horrible tempers myth;)
  • BeautyAndTheGeeks
    Options
    I'm a ginger naturally, although I've dyed my hair for the past 5 years. It's back to being very red toned now though, I've missed it!