to all you body pump fans..

Options
LanaMcL
LanaMcL Posts: 41 Member
How many calories would you log for the average class? I'm not sure how i'd work that out!

Also add me if you're a les mills fan! :)

Replies

• wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    This TOTALLY varies person to person! I have a friend who is about the same height and weight as I am. She burns 700 cals, I burn 230 - same class!!!!
  • AlexzKT
    AlexzKT Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Well for me it depends on how hard I'm going that day. If I am using really heavy weights (so that it's hard for me to finish the song), I'll burn around 400ish according to my HRM. If the weights are lighter (definitely not LIGHT, but I'm able to do every rep required of me) I'll burn around 250-300.

Just for reference - I'm a 23yo girl. 5'5" and around 147lbs.
  • chubbster17
    chubbster17 Posts: 31
    Options
    I was wondering this as well, because it always says it burns 600 calories in an hour but it must vary a lot!
  • scwmom11
    scwmom11 Posts: 5
    Options
    I miss les mills!! That program isn't in most of the west coast area!! One more reason I wanna get back to GA!
    I used to burn about 550-750 class, lifting pretty heavy weights.
  • LanaMcL
    LanaMcL Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    i dont have a HRM but i come out of the class sweaty

i'm 5'7 and 195 lbs

Think i'm going to have to just guestimate
  • Natx83
    Natx83 Posts: 1,308 Member
    Options
    This TOTALLY varies person to person! I have a friend who is about the same height and weight as I am. She burns 700 cals, I burn 230 - same class!!!!

That's to big of a difference for similar shaped people for one of or both to not be wrong. Hrm or anything like that to compare it too. Sometimes it just depends on the category you log it in.
  • ingies2011
    ingies2011 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I wore my heartrate monitor and it never burned much for me, even though I used pretty heavy weights. I log it as 200 calories. They (Les Mills) say it can burn up to 600 cal, hmm, not for me though, if I run 10km that burns around 600 calories per hour and that is a whole lot harder then 55 min of bodypump.

Heartrate monitors also aren't accurate for weightlifting, they are most accurate when you are doing steady aerobic exercise, like running, walking, cycling etc.
  • rita74
    rita74 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    According to my body bugg I burn 260/class.
  • wookiemouse
    wookiemouse Posts: 290 Member
    Options

That's to big of a difference for similar shaped people for one of or both to not be wrong. Hrm or anything like that to compare it too. Sometimes it just depends on the category you log it in.

I found it odd too. But we both had on HRM. And we both insisted it worked correctly!