Help from non-friend friends?

Options
I don't know if I'm the only one with this mental oddity, but due to (insert long story here) I can not stand discussing dieting or weight loss with friends/family.

But I would really like a few people to keep tabs with so I can brag a little now and then when I do well and get some nudges when I backslide.

Any total strangers want to act like estranged facebook friends (random 'likes' or comments), myfitnesspal style?

Replies

• JoniBologna
    JoniBologna Posts: 653 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you'd like. :smile:
  • LJV1031
    LJV1031 Posts: 502 Member
    Options
    LOL... I guess I'm a mental oddity too, because I feel exactly as you do. I don't mind giving advice to people I know, but to talk about MYSELF??? :noway: No way! Feel free to be my estranged friend! :flowerforyou:
  • karacakes77
    karacakes77 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Sure! Go ahead and me too :drinker:
  • ElizaGeorge
    ElizaGeorge Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Add me! I try to be encouraging :)
  • yepitsjen
    yepitsjen Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'm with you. None of my FB friends know about my journey. My best friend is also on MFP, but we never talk on MFP about what we're doing. Add me if you'd like!
  • jayayach
    jayayach Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I'm the same exact way! Feel free to add me! :flowerforyou:
  • bombkitty
    bombkitty Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Me, too! I never post this stuff on FB. Add me!
  • jenjohnson430
    Options
    Count me in !
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Nothing odd about it, my dear. Close friends and family are totally unpredictable on the topic. Some love it and want to encourage you. Most don't believe you and tell you you're full of crap. Others try to sabotage you. Why go there? That's why MFP is here. BC we ALL want to help each other.

Add me if you like. Though I'll be out of town for a few days coming up and absent, I will get back in the groove late next week. :)
  • punkypenny
    punkypenny Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    I completely understand what you mean. Feel free to add me.
  • KiwiKim25
    KiwiKim25 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Thank you all very much! I really appreciate it!
  • CatLady01
    CatLady01 Posts: 1
    Options
    I sent a friend request. I can't talk to my female friends because when I start losing more than the ones that are also trying, jealousy ruins everything. I feel uncomfortable around anyone thin because I feel they are laughing inside at the idea of someone my size exercising. And of course the classic "hubby who thinks I will leave him if I lose weight". :)
  • luvinlife2full
    luvinlife2full Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I feel the same. Add me if you'd like.
  • cbaac03
    cbaac03 Posts: 152
    Options
    Yes! Feel free to add me!
  • lisa46219
    lisa46219 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can add me, too!
  • CynGoddess
    CynGoddess Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    well now I think I am the odd one. I am letting it all hang out. On FB, and in life I even have a blog. feel free to add me though. I love to encourage and get it back. good luck on your journey
  • Smokey19
    Smokey19 Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Hi, my name is Kimberlee, 48. I understand what you mean about not discussing this healthy lifestyle journey with friends and family. Feel free to add me if you wish.
  • jennc37
    jennc37 Posts: 81
    Options
    Anyone can add me :)
    I am always up for some new friends!
  • pspetralia
    pspetralia Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    Friend request sent
  • yellie06584
    yellie06584 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    FEEL FREE TO ADD ME TOO!!! I NEED ENCOURAGEMENT TOO!!! I AM HAPPY TO GIVE ENCOURAGEMENT ALSO!!!