Stuck :(

Options
ever since i started boot camp a month ago (ive been doing it religiously 4 days a week) the scale has not budged!! no gains no loses!! wtf!!! im working my *kitten* off including swimming for a hour at least 5 times a week ...ive been eating according to what mfp says but i dont go over 1600 cal a day (they say sometimes 3000 cause of my activity!) and i make sure i dont go over sodium i maybe get 1700 mg a day of sodium so idk im lost!!!

Replies

• DanceForever904
    DanceForever904 Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    boot camp consist of flipping 275 pound tire, dragging a tire strapped to a 25 pound weight,running jumping an climbing stuff
  • meganw5638
    meganw5638 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You may not be getting enough calories. If your body thinks it's starving itself, it will try to hold onto those pounds rather than shed them. You might try upping your calories by adding in more lean protein and good fats . . . see what happens?
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,121 Member
    Options
    You are eating those extra calories earned by exercise, right? If you aren't, that could be your problem.
  • amberleighM04
    amberleighM04 Posts: 108
    Options
    I don't fixate on the number on the scale... b/c fitness isn't measured by your weight. When I reach a plateau, it means my body is working on other things, such as tone.
  • HayleeWho1122
    HayleeWho1122 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    you may be loosing fat and gaining muscle. Muscle does weigh more than fat
  • wftiger
    wftiger Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

No it does not. 1 lb of muscle weighs 1 lb. 1 lb of fat weighs 1 lb. For crying out loud people stop posting that.

Muscle takes up less VOLUME than fat. It does NOT weigh more.
  • ByrdMessy
    ByrdMessy Posts: 94
    Options

No it does not. 1 lb of muscle weighs 1 lb. 1 lb of fat weighs 1 lb. For crying out loud people stop posting that.

Muscle takes up less VOLUME than fat. It does NOT weigh more.

That's like saying feathers don't weigh more than bricks because a pound of each weighs the same. A pound of anything weighs a pound. I agree, though, that just because muscle PER VOLUME weighs more than fat doesn't mean it's the only explanation for poor results.
  • kpetty60
    kpetty60 Posts: 14
    Options
    I think that you should look at inches lost instead of weight lost in cases like this.
    There are times when I did gain a little, but noticed that my pants were looser.
    Agreed that one pound of muscle weighs the same as one pound of fat, the difference is that muscle is denser than fat, so you'll notice the inches lost.
  • bigpinch
    bigpinch Posts: 21
    Options
    Is it possible you could be over estimating your calories burned through excerise?
  • thriftycupl
    thriftycupl Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    How long have you been stuck? I hit a plateau near 30 lbs and was stuck there for about 8 weeks. It was frustrating. I started intaking protein first thing in the morning and also upping my calories based on all the activity I'm doing. Have you checked out the Eat More to Weigh Less group? I've found a lot of GREAT information there.

Good luck.
  • MonicaT1972
    MonicaT1972 Posts: 512
    Options
    It might not be the calories, it might be what your are consuming.
  • ashley67203
    ashley67203 Posts: 95
    Options
    Are you eating 1600 calories total or netting 1600 calories?