Blew it!!!

Options
Hey guys So I'm two weeks in, had a few glasses of wine last night and blewy diet!!! I'm so disappointed with myself! Please tell me you have done the same but have managed to stay on track longterm :(?!?!

LauraLoo xx

Replies

• lauraloo83
    lauraloo83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    *blew my diet
  • BazAbroad
    BazAbroad Posts: 248
    Options
    yes think most of us have done that.
    We train so we can have treats, bounce back, its the average that counts.
    :smile:
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    Options
    I don't track my food intake on MFP, I use a different site but sure I've blown it. What do I do? Learn from it and move on to the next time I eat. 1 bad meal or day isn't going to ruin it. No amount of stressing, feeling sorry for myself is going to change it. I sometimes plan for it in advance. I'll burn tons of calories the day before and after.
  • niksinnotts
    niksinnotts Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    i look on this as a long term lifestyle change so it has to be sustainable, therefore i have days that mean i go waaay over my calorie allowence, BUT, the thing is to get back on track the next day!! the odd "bad"day should not ruin your longterm healthy lifestyle plan, good luck.:drinker:

love your avatar btw
  • DebbsBee
    DebbsBee Posts: 13
    Options
    Did it myself last night. Hubby and I had no food in the house and went to the pub for a meal and a couple of drinks. Just completed my food diary for yesterday now and was like 800 cal over! Now thats blowing it! I refuse to feel bad about it though. I've been good for weeks and will burn extra calories and be extra good for the next couple of days to make up for it. If you do the same it won't make any difference in the long term.

Life is for living and if you don't have a little treat every now and again you will find it impossible to stick to. :-)
  • cjs3001
    cjs3001 Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    Repeat after me: It's not a diet, it's not a diet :tongue:

We all have days where we go over our calories, it's not a big issue, you might see a funny weight on the scale for a couple of days but it's nothing. It helps if you know your BMR and your 'maintenance' calories - ladies are recommended to eat 2000 calories a day - in my mind, if you are around that then it's not really a problem.

Chin up and maybe try a spritzer next time! :happy:
  • b0t23
    b0t23 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    I wouldnt trip out so much on one day

start a new day and forget about it
  • lauraloo83
    lauraloo83 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Well I think I blew it by 1250!!! Oooopsss!!!! I'm off to the gym in a second and I'm going to be super good today. I think the moral of the story is to concentrate on not eating when I have had a few to drink. We were at a fight where there was food served, it was gross!! anyway one friend fought and wanted food afterwards so I joined in.l...ooops x

Thanks guys
    LauraLoo x
  • eleanorpie
    eleanorpie Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I definitely think you're doing the right thing. Pay penance with a workout, and don't look at it as a failure. It's just a step in the process - the key is not to make a habit of it.
  • Joysuzhou
    Joysuzhou Posts: 29
    Options
    The beauty is everyday is a new day one MFP. Start from zero and be honest to yourself. Log down your progress even it is a bad one and look that today like it all starts brand new! Don't look back and beat yourself up. It happens to everyone. The difference is someone gave up and completely blew it and others pick it up and start where they left at. Remember, life long of health is a very long journey!!!
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    You're entitled to indulge every now and again. You gotta live, after all. You didn't gain all the weight in a single night, so one night of excess isn't going to set you back that much - just add an extra 30 minutes to your workout today, accept that you aren't going to lose as much this week, and keep going.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    You didn't blow your diet. You overindulged for one evening. Just get back on track (right now; don't put it off) and try to plan for the occasional treat. This is life.
  • katejkelley
    katejkelley Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up - we ALL do that now and again. I did yesterday, too, but was celebrating with family, so decided it would just be a break from the diet. I still logged in my calories so I could see what the really "bad" foods were and try to cut back on those next time. Today is another day, so back with the program. Life is short. Sometimes you have to let go and have fun. You can always start again the next day. The key is - always start again!
  • DarinGettingHawtin2013
    DarinGettingHawtin2013 Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I add my voice to the others. You didn't blow your diet, you had a night out.

I have a bit of a problem when I have a night out, too.... but if I know I'm going to, I work hard that morning and work hard the next day.

It's all about changing your lifestyle and taking care of yourself. And that CAN mean going over your calorie limit every once in a while.
  • HelloSweetie4
    HelloSweetie4 Posts: 1,214 Member
    Options
    meh, it happens, move on, do better next time. Going over once in a while isn't going to ruin everything, just don't let it become a habit
    Cheers! :drinker:
  • mustangbass
    mustangbass Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    It happens to everybody. I probably have as many over days as under days but I'm still losing extra pounds - just at a slower rate!
  • ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I went to a local "international festival" yesterday. Cannot go to something like that and not eat "fair food". I was at least 550 cals over for the day.

But as long as my week averages out, I believe I'll be ok.
  • dvisser1
    dvisser1 Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Happens to me every couple of weeks. I don't plan in cheat days as some do. I also don't beat myself up if I'm a little over. The day I had recently where I was 600 cal over my goal, I wasn't happy with myself. Do I pack it all in and quit? No, next day I make sure I'm being good again. One day, one week.....it's not going to hurt you. All it does is slightly delay the process of getting fit and healthy, doesn't reverse it as long as you get back on the right path again.
  • rextcat
    rextcat Posts: 1,408 Member
    Options
    Hey guys So I'm two weeks in, had a few glasses of wine last night and blewy diet!!! I'm so disappointed with myself! Please tell me you have done the same but have managed to stay on track longterm :(?!?!

LauraLoo xx

lol i do that alll the time...:drinker:
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    blew it? i had 3 beers yesterday, and 3 bowls of ice cream. that put me way over maintenance. there is not a morsel of regret in me. on the contrary, if i go too long without a nice indulgence, THAT is what i consider blowing it.