NuWave Cooker

Options
bates
bates Posts: 122
So my mom bought a nuwave cooker the other day and is putting it to the test tonight! She is making some kind of pot roast thing. Apparently it uses infrared waves to cook and totally zaps the fat out of it.

Has any used it before, is it a good cooker? I'll post back in a few hours if it cooks well!

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I think I saw that on tv... it looked kinda cool, it showed the difference in fat dripping (don't know how realistic it was) but let us know!

~Leash :heart:
  • 4mykids
    4mykids Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Ooo... my husband wants one of those... it looks great! Let us know the real results please!!
  • bates
    bates Posts: 122
    Options
    So we had pork tenderloin, not a roast, my bad!!!! But the tenderloin was really great! It took the same amount of time as any traditional cooking would have taken AND it was still super juicy on the inside.

You cook the meat on a small little grill type thing and all the fat just drips down and collects. I'm sure she is going to use it again in the near future, and I'll let you know how other meats work in it. But so far she loves it!

The only bad things I would have to say are the grill in kind of a pain to clean from the fat drippings (if you spray with pam prior is seems to help). The end pieces of the pork were kind of dry, but the thicker slabs were still really juicy