ANY LOW CARB EATERS OUT THERE?

Options
2»

Replies

• stephaniekneld
    Options
    Would love to partner up!!! Low carb is what my body likes too. I have trouble with carbs. Let's get together!!
  • 228lrt
    228lrt Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I generaly follow the paleo diet-lean meats and lots of fruit and vegitables. It has worked for me. Add me as a friend if you want.
  • lavenderow
    lavenderow Posts: 3
    Options
    I'm just starting but I know that I do better on a low carb eating plan. i can get nauseous if I eat high carb and so I eat more food to calm my stomach. I have been working to reduce my wheat consumption as well and wheat is alsmost as common as sugar in processed foods!
  • jamiemh
    jamiemh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Anyone can add me! I have been doing low carbs (less than 50 a day) for a week & half. I've lost 15lbs so far. I'd love the support and to help anyone else on their journey!!
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    Yep, there are LOTS of us on here, :) I've been varying my carbs a bit, depending on my activity level (can range from 30-100). I, too, am gluten-sensitive, so I tend to eat more paleo/primal with no grains (you'd be surprised at what it lurks in - soy sauce, deli meats, a freaking OMLETTE I had on Sunday! I'm still suffering from that one :frown: ).

Feel free to add and/or diary snoop. :flowerforyou:

Edit: even when I do eat gluten-free, I have found that too many carbs can also make me sick.
  • Ellsie320
    Ellsie320 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've been using MFP for several months, just haven't checked out the message boards. I usually record things on my phone. I eat low-carb, high protein. Just have to make sure I stay hydrated not to get too plugged up:embarassed: Gluten doesn't bother me.
  • MashaSK
    MashaSK Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I am really wishing to become Add me!
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me too!
  • pixelberry
    pixelberry Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Me! I'll send you a friend request. Ate carbs on Mothers Day weekend during a trip and gained 15 pounds in 2 days & got sick from the food I was eating. Been back on track since, lost all weight gained + another 1.6 pounds. Carbs are NOT my body's friend!
  • micwik
    micwik Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    My husband and myself just started eating low carb yesterday. Day one was good. Day two looks promising. I am worried though that I won't know what to eat. I would appreciate any advice anyone has to offer.
  • plaz58
    plaz58 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Check out Jorge Cruise - Belly Fat Cure Diet. I have lost (and kept off) 35 lbs since August. I monitor my carbs and sugar - limit of 120 grams Carb, 15 grams sugar each day.
  • VenomousDuck
    VenomousDuck Posts: 206
    Options
    I eat 60-30-10 1500cals/day.

No longer diabetic!!!
  • JaceyMarieS
    JaceyMarieS Posts: 692 Member
    Options
    No. 1. you need carbs for energy. You use carbs for energy before you use anything else and 2. one can't go forever without carbs and it is too hard to work them back into the diet without gaining your lost weight back. I will NEVER go on a low carb diet.

Correct in that carbs are converted to glucose first and are the first-line source of energy. Incorrect that you NEED them. Proteins are also converted to glucose, albeit at a slower rate. Fats are broken down into ketones which the body can also use for energy.

Vaguely incorrect that one can't go forever without carbs. No one has suggested eliminating carbs. Vegetables have carbs. Low-carbs (at least the ones i know) eliminate carbs from grains primarily. Legumes, fruits and high-sugar dairy products may also be restricted, but are generally not eliminated completely. Please don't confuse LOW-carb with NO-carb (which is technically possible, but probably not very pleasant)

It's also hard to work eating like a hog back into my diet without gaining my lost weight back. Therefore, I will NEVER go on an "everything in moderation" diet ...... see how silly that sounds? Weight loss never sticks around if you don't make the commitment to stick with the healthier habits, be it lower carbs, lower fat, lower calories, portion control blah blah blah

Do some research into Type 1 diabetes and how it was controlled before injectable insulin. Low carb diets are extremely effective at controlling metabolic disorders.
  • bradXdale
    bradXdale Posts: 399
    Options
    try Paleo! I think its better than Aktins. More veggies!

will google it now, never heard of it to be honest, but thanks :smile:

My brother has lost 60 pounds on the Paleo diet!
  • michelleranee
    michelleranee Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I stay under 50 carbs a day and I feel good. Add me!
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    No. 1. you need carbs for energy. You use carbs for energy before you use anything else and 2. one can't go forever without carbs and it is too hard to work them back into the diet without gaining your lost weight back. I will NEVER go on a low carb diet.

They didn't ask for you opinion on LC, they asked if anyone was doing it. What if they have diabetes or insulin resistance or another type of illness that carb consumption directly effects, would you be so quick to throw sarcastic comments around...no, probably not. Jeez

Fellow low-carber here <waves>
  • workinonmyfitness2
    workinonmyfitness2 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I want to start a low carb diet, Im not sure how many carbs I should be eating to loose weight . I'm cutting sugar too.