Count Down to the Big 3-0

Options
reneeileen
reneeileen Posts: 455 Member
I am officially 84 days away from my 30th birthday. I've been at this for a little while and my goal at the moment is to get under 200lbs by 30, which for me is August 12th. This is basically keeping a pace of 2 lbs a week for the next several weeks. I'm looking for friends that are positive, consistent, and dedicated to their health goals.

I'm working on taking my workouts to the next level of difficultly/intensity and training for some summer races.

Rene

Replies

• Becky0582
    Becky0582 Posts: 23
    Options
    Awesome goal! I have just turned the BIG 3-0 this month...I am just starting this journey again...together we can do this!
  • reneeileen
    Options
    I know it is silly but 30 is freaking me out a little... actually a lot.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I will be 30 in january!!! :) I restarted my weight loss journey 4-2-2012 when my doctor told me I need to lose weight before I got pregnant.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    My goal is to lose 50 lbs by my birthday (I started back in January). As of right now I only have 13 lbs left to lose, and 2 months to lose it in (July 20 is my goal date).
    At this point, I might not make it, but I'll be so close, I'm going to call it a success anyway. There's no chance in hell I'll stop working towards my goal, as my successes this far have felt SOO GOOD!!
    And I'm always open to new friends!
  • reneeileen
    Options
    I will be 30 in january!!! :) I restarted my weight loss journey 4-2-2012 when my doctor told me I need to lose weight before I got pregnant.

I had a similar conversation with my doctor. My longer term goal is to get down to at least 160 before I get pregnant.
  • littleblonde200
    Options
    I am on count down to the big 30 as well. I have till the end of september. wanted a 3 stone loss by the time i am 30. Would love to chat and encourage. good luck x
  • reneeileen
    Options
    My goal is to lose 50 lbs by my birthday (I started back in January). As of right now I only have 13 lbs left to lose, and 2 months to lose it in (July 20 is my goal date).
    At this point, I might not make it, but I'll be so close, I'm going to call it a success anyway. There's no chance in hell I'll stop working towards my goal, as my successes this far have felt SOO GOOD!!
    And I'm always open to new friends!

That is awesome! I know exactly what you mean. There is no going back from here it's just a matter of what my next goal will be. One day my goals will all be fitness/performance based. Right now, it's about the weight loss.
  • Becky0582
    Becky0582 Posts: 23
    Options
    I will be honest here...30 freaked me out more than I thought it would! I always had a goal of having a baby by the time I was 30 but I guess God had other plans...in the last year I have had 2 miscarriages which put me into eating to comfort myself...which in turn I have gained 20 lbs in the last year...Good news is the dr has found out what's causing it and hopefully we have that in the process of being fixed! I am hoping this will help keep me on track and keep me focused if and when husband and I get pregnant again! I know you shouldn't 'diet' while pregnant, but I would like to be healthier when I do get pregnant again! Hope you deal better with 30 than I did! :)
  • Kelene616
    Kelene616 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I'm turning 30 in December and am going to Hawaii in February so I'm definitely motivated. Also my high school reunion is in august. I've got 30lbs to lose and just started the Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred yesterday. It's kicking my *kitten* in the best way lol. We can do this ladies! Feel free to add me and we can keep each other motivated :-)
  • reneeileen
    Options
    There is definitely the baby aspect that is scaring me too. A vacation sounds like great motivation.

My goal for this month is to run my intervals at 7.0 mph at the top end I'm at 6.8 as of today.
  • weighlossforbaby
    weighlossforbaby Posts: 847 Member
    Options

I had a similar conversation with my doctor. My longer term goal is to get down to at least 160 before I get pregnant.

I wanna get to 160 lbs too and I have 19 lbs to go!!!!! :)