Dream job vs actual job.

Options
mgnmsn
mgnmsn Posts: 133 Member
what is your actual job and what would be your dream job? and what led you to either?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,622 Member
    Options
    I'm doing my dream job and actual job.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer/Group Fitness Instructor
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • bmarie612
    bmarie612 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Your posts about jobs are depressing me! I feel like a loser. I work at a fast food place 2 days a week and front desk at a hotel on weekends. My dream job would be to work with dolphins... but won't happen.
  • MissC787
    MissC787 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    My dream job is to be a race car driver. :)

My actual job..... (currently) stay at home mom who works seasonally (We run a firework stand). I also plan to go back to being a substitue teacher for the 2012-2013 school year. (Pre-k-12)
  • kstrunk1
    kstrunk1 Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    what is your actual job and what would be your dream job? and what led you to either?

Actual job: teacher
    Dream job THEN: USED to be actress; however, I know I am touching lives, futures, etc. I will never have the gads of money that some people feel make them rich. I, however, am much richer because of the rewards that teaching gives me. My students teach me SO much every day.
    Dream job NOW: teacher!

What led me to teaching ... When I was in fourth grade, I observed an 8th grader making fun of a special needs student to the point of bringing this child to tears. I vowed right then and there that I would be a champion for special needs children. I even married a fellow special educator! I was able to teach for 17 years as a special educator and was even chosen as our state's teacher of the year because of my love and passion for my students. I am still a teacher but am now a public school Montessori teacher so that I am able to combine all of my degrees together to still teach special needs children but keep them in their homeroom instead of having to pull them away from their peers. My class has 8 first, 8 second and 8 third graders. I have two autistic children, two learning disabled children and one mildly mentally handicapped child. I also have gifted and talented students as well as the "average" learner. They ALL teach each other in so many different ways. My students will always have my heart! :flowerforyou: Whew! Sorry for the length but it's hard for me to not talk about my dream job!
  • torygirl79
    torygirl79 Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    I'm a political agent and I love my job :-)
  • ReneeElizabeth26
    Options
    I work in the restaurant industry but would LOVE to do some sort of proffesional scuba diver used to search for items or people or sea animals!!!
  • Drenched_N_Motivation
    Drenched_N_Motivation Posts: 1,004 Member
    Options
    Your posts about jobs are depressing me! I feel like a loser. I work at a fast food place 2 days a week and front desk at a hotel on weekends. My dream job would be to work with dolphins... but won't happen.

I know Shamu, I'll put in a good word.
  • SammyKatt
    SammyKatt Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Dream job - quilt designer.

Actual job - data entry at an insurance company.
  • LadyKatieBug
    LadyKatieBug Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    my actual job full time stay at home single mom

my dream job: starting off with being a back up singer for shows in Branson Mo, then be discovered in Nashville TN be a christian recording artist.
  • lisars135
    lisars135 Posts: 19
    Options
    Actual job: Receptionist
    Dream job: Retired
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I am currently a supervisor for a deli kitchen. my dream job is to be a midwife. it's a means to an end, this job is paying for school so i can become a midwife.
  • Michelle650
    Michelle650 Posts: 218
    Options
    Dream job: professional singer
    Actual (hopeful) job: nurse.
  • BeccaAnderton
    Options
    Actual job: Hotel room attendant (fancy way of saying cleaner....)
    Dream job: Property developer/photo-therapist/interior designer/Events organiser

I still have a year left of uni though so hopefully I'll land one of the dream jobs :)
  • mandrox1
    mandrox1 Posts: 33
    Options
    Actual job: writer.

Dream job: writer. ^_^
  • Skeena4
    Skeena4 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Actual Job: Paramedic

Dream Job: The kind of Paramedic you see on TV - hahahahaha... oh wait - they don't exist!!
  • jennafluff
    jennafluff Posts: 54
    Options
    Dream Job - To work in the kitchen of a food magazine such as Donna Hay and make ALL the recipes for photo shoots etcof the food they publish:-)
    Actual Job - Full-time Mum
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    Current Job - Co-manager of a bank insurance advisor team
    Dream Job - Lawyer practising in litigation

I put my career on hold when I had my daughter and then life just took off running and I had to focus on making sure the bills were paid.

I may never get to my dream job, but my actual job isn't something that fills me with a lot of misery, I enjoy it, I enjoy the people I manage and I enjoy the challenges.

So I'll take that blessing and run.
  • galaxyhearts
    galaxyhearts Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Actual Job : Freelance graphic designer

Dream job : The woman on Celebrity Apprentice who sits at the front desk and does nothing. I bet she makes so much money to do that. I want her job. Hahahaha
  • jenbusick
    jenbusick Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Dream job: writer!

Actual job: Professional freelance writer. Lovin' it!

My husband also has his dream job, college professor; he has lots of students who want to be writers. He tells them, "My wife is a writer. She makes good money now, but she spent 10 years making starvation wages before it built into a real career. You have to be prepared for 10 years of hard work for no real return."

What led me here? Stress. I had a consulting job. I hated consulting. My husband said, "You need a hobby. Why don't you write something?" So I wrote something. And sold it. And wrote something else, and sold it. And wrote something else and sold that. And kept doing that until I had enough work to quit my other jobs. And then got a little lucky and landed some good contracts.

It's a job, and it has its ups and downs, but I wouldn't trade it.
  • sullykat
    sullykat Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Actual job(s) - part time sales associate, part time dental recpetionist
    Dream job - Registered Dietitian (I'm working on it!)