Hungry Girl chicken cordon bleu

Options

Replies

• librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I printed that recipe off too since I had all the ingredients already but I haven't tried it yet. think I'll go for it this weekend. thanks for sharing!
    Me too!
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I made this and it is very good.
  • LeylaNur
    LeylaNur Posts: 2
    Options
    Does anyone know what a good substitution for the ham in the recipe would be?

Has anyone tried it substituting the ham for something else?
  • NykkieC
    NykkieC Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    This looks way good!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

i actually just made this and used lower sodium turkey bacon instead of ham. i'll let you know how it turns out.

on the hungry girl website, she also said that you can just skip the ham and just roll up the chicken and laughing cow cheese.

to give it a little extra flavor, i put garlic powder and poultry seasoning on the rolls before cooking them yummm
  • Learning2LoveMe
    Learning2LoveMe Posts: 1,430 Member
    Options
    posting so i can find it again tomorrow at work and print it out :bigsmile:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    I didn't use the ham. I had the Oscar Meyer honey roastes turkey and only had to put 1 slice on each and it was perfect. I also seasoned it with some creole seasoning and garlic powder. Just make sure you don't go overcook the chicken breast. A lot of reciped I have tried using chicken breast don't give the correct time for the chicken breast to cook so they end up not done, so instead of me checking I just assumed this and cooked it 10 minutes longer and it was a little dry. You know what they say happens when we *kitten*-US-ME.

• jdp21
    jdp21 Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    I've made this a couple times now, and it's pretty good! Very filling. I like it just the way it is. :-)
  • punka274
    punka274 Posts: 895
    Options
    Wow that looks delish! I will try this, thanks for posting.

I :heart: laughing cow cheese:blushing:
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    :love:
  • SaraWo24
    SaraWo24 Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Mmm..this sounds delicious! Thanks!
  • Vivian29916
    Options
    Looking for a low carb entree. This one sounds great! Thx, Vivian
  • oregonlady
    oregonlady Posts: 2,743 Member
    Options
    bump!

i plan to try this.
    thank you:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sabbles
    sabbles Posts: 37
    Options
    adding to topics. so excited to try this!
  • sarahsparrow
    Options
    Yummy! Thank you!
  • sabbles
    Options
    Good Substitutions: spinach, or sundried tomatoes! :smile:
    I didn't use the ham. I had the Oscar Meyer honey roastes turkey and only had to put 1 slice on each and it was perfect. I also seasoned it with some creole seasoning and garlic powder. Just make sure you don't go overcook the chicken breast. A lot of reciped I have tried using chicken breast don't give the correct time for the chicken breast to cook so they end up not done, so instead of me checking I just assumed this and cooked it 10 minutes longer and it was a little dry. You know what they say happens when we *kitten*-US-ME.

• sunlover67
    sunlover67 Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Ooh the spinach and/or sundried tomatoes sound deeelish! :love:
  • sabbles
    Options
    Made this for dinner -- delish!!

I used thin sliced chicken breast so I didn't have to pound the chicken. With the thin slices, I only needed 3/4 of a wedge of laughing cow, and 2 thin sliced pieces of ham. They stayed rolled without toothpicks or the use of a muffin tin. I topped with a light spritz of olive oil and grill seasoning. With a 2 cups of garden salad, 2 tbls of light ranch dressing, and two chicken wraps (because they are so thin), I had a fantastic dinner for under 400 calories (300-somethingish).

Thank you so much for posting!
  • joann
    joann Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    you can also try this recipe in a crockpot. Add a can of low fat cream of celery soup or chicken or mushroom soup...yummy.....