Is eating a WW ice cream @8:30pm ok to increase calories?

Hi,

I ate too few calories today so I am eating a WW ice cream at 8:30 at night. After this I am still short 85 calories. Which is worse eating too few calories or at 8:30?

Thanks!

Replies

• thistimeismytime
    thistimeismytime Posts: 711 Member
    It's obviously not the BEST thing you could eat to increase calories, but it's no big deal either, especially since your cals are so low in the first place. I had ice cream tonight myself...just enjoy it. You could add a few nuts too, on other days--doesn't take many almonds or pistachios to bump up your cals, and they're yummy. :flowerforyou:
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Its perfectly fine...enjoy it! At any hour! Maybe next time something else might be better, like some nuts or a piece of fruit ..but enjoy your treat..guilt free.
  • joejccva71
    joejccva71 Posts: 2,985 Member
    As long as it fits your calorie intake and macros, it's fine. It doesn't matter when you eat.
  • albinogorilla
    albinogorilla Posts: 1,056 Member
    like above, time doesn't matter, calories matter, i routinely take in 2-400 calories right before i go to sleep, at 2am.
  • I have NEVER avoided eating just because it was a certain time of night--I often eat past midnight even.
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Listen, don't do it! After 8:29 pm for every 100 calories you eat it turns into 5 lbs of permanent fat around your waistline. Avoid!
  • Lmfloyd28
    Lmfloyd28 Posts: 24 Member
    Calories don't know what time it is. Obviously, there are healthier things you could choose to eat but if it fits in your macros, the occasional treat won't hurt you a bit.
  • DangerJim71
    DangerJim71 Posts: 361 Member
    I hope I am not hijacking here but this made me think of my situation. I am eating about 1700 cal. per day. I usually eat some of my exercise calories if I feel hungry. In the last month I have become very good at finding satisfying foods that get me through the work day without feeling hungry. I eat a lot of fruit and veggies as snacks and a lean meat and cheese sandwich for most lunches. By dinner time I will still usually have 900 calories so I tend to have a pretty good sized meal and then a snack about two hours later shortly before bed.

Any problems with having half my calories in such a short time so late in the day? I have been losing about 2-3 pouns per week for the last 6 weeks.
  • rpfitness6
    rpfitness6 Posts: 8
    What are macros? I thought about eating nuts to get to my calories but I would be way over the fat count.
  • peggymenard
    peggymenard Posts: 246 Member
    Listen, don't do it! After 8:29 pm for every 100 calories you eat it turns into 5 lbs of permanent fat around your waistline. Avoid!

Where did you read or hear this?
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member

sarcasm.jpg
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member

In Seventeen magazine! They wouldn't publish it if it weren't true!

(Also, Dr Oz)
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Actually, Weight Watchers food is specifically formulated to only be eaten between the hours of noon and 5pm Greenwich Mean Time.

But really, you'll be just fine. Your body doesn't care what time it is or what's going in as long as you get adequate energy and nutrients at some point.
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member

In Seventeen magazine! They wouldn't publish it if it weren't true!

(Also, Dr Oz)

Dr. Oz has smoothie receipes to drink right before bed to help boast your metabolizm while you sleep, and most smoothies are 100+ calories, even though these are all fruit and healthy calories, they are still calories so I do not think your theory is accuarte! And Seventeen magazine not publishing anything that isn't true....I would not believe everything you read in publishations!
  • MKloste
    MKloste Posts: 56 Member
    If it's late in the evening and you still have calories, then do not fill guilty about eating, especially if you are hungry. Even though it was weight watchers, I think it would be best to stick with fruits or nuts. Maybe even try low calorie foods such as cucumber slices, watermelons, celery, etc
  • Listen, don't do it! After 8:29 pm for every 100 calories you eat it turns into 5 lbs of permanent fat around your waistline. Avoid!

sarcasm.jpg

Loving this! Made me laugh A LOT!!

Keep reading Seventeen magazine, it is a true wealth of knowledge :-)