Whey Protein Advice

Options
Leslie85
Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
I need some advice on how to use whey protein. I'm around 114 lbs right now, would like to get down to 108, and tone up. I'm barely 5'1" so I'm not trying to look anorexic before anyone says anything! :)

My questions is how to use whey. Should I use it before a work-out, or after?

Replies

• WilliamsPeggy
    WilliamsPeggy Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    after
  • basslinewild
    basslinewild Posts: 294 Member
    Options
    after
    ^ Agree
  • BuckeyeLife
    BuckeyeLife Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    before and after, also casein is a great one for after to go with it. (Slower protein, will help supply protein to muscles through out the night.)

If you're trying to lose pounds by adding definition, that is unlikely to work. You're likely pretty low on BF% anyway, so as you start adding muscle to get that definition you're going to see your scale go up. This isn't a bad thing.
  • BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    I would try a low calorie whey protein as soon as you can make it after your workout. Bodyfortress has a very low calorie protein if you mix with water. It is also very cheap. peanutbutter chocolate or cookies and cream taste pretty good with water.
  • jgodbier
    jgodbier Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Before and after.

Around 30-45 minutes prior to working out, and immediately following workout

Try to avoid carbs prior to working out. They give you a massive insulin spike, and can be counter productive to your aim of fat loss.
  • Leslie85
    Leslie85 Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! You've all been very helpful!