I'm a RUNNER - and I LIKE it! :-)

Options
Would never beleive that one day I would enjoy running! (although there are moments of hate during it as well)
Last October I could barely do 500m without dying...

I've got the HBF 14km coming up this Sunday (May 27th) and completed the mothers day classic last week in prep.
And on Saturday just gone we completed out last training session of running - I completed 9.1km (Personal Best Distance)
Then on Sunday me and another girl from training participated in a 10km run with the WAMC (NEW personal best distance)

19.1km in two days and completed the 10km in just under 59.50

So so thrilled and excited when we finished.. although nice and sore and feeling it all over at the moment..

Few rest days ahead of me and taking it easy until Sunday, although now feeling more and more confident that I'll be able to complete 14km without having to stop and walk any of it :-)

Replies

• Klattersmack
    Klattersmack Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your personal best! I've been in about 5 different organized runs now, my first was a 10 k, all of the rest have been 5ks. Unfortunately, I've let myself gain back some lost weight, so now I'm walking again. I need to read posts like yours so I can get inspired to start running again!
  • Meegz84
    Meegz84 Posts: 74
    Options
    Great job on doing a 10km as your first run, thats pretty impressive!! I never thought I'd be doing 5km with ease, let along distances further than that! :-)
  • hapoo100
    hapoo100 Posts: 940 Member
    Options
    Running is a labor of love. At first, running feels like the worst thing ever, but over time, you amaze yourself and you being to enjoy it. I am happy for you that you like it now! Congrats!!
  • dennisroc
    dennisroc Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Great success !!! It must feel good to be able to run again. I am at the point of wanting to start the c25k and try to start running again. I think that has to make you feel its all been worth it.
  • ♥xenawarriorprincess♥
    Options
    Would never beleive that one day I would enjoy running! (although there are moments of hate during it as well)
    Last October I could barely do 500m without dying...

I've got the HBF 14km coming up this Sunday (May 27th) and completed the mothers day classic last week in prep.
    And on Saturday just gone we completed out last training session of running - I completed 9.1km (Personal Best Distance)
    Then on Sunday me and another girl from training participated in a 10km run with the WAMC (NEW personal best distance)

19.1km in two days and completed the 10km in just under 59.50

So so thrilled and excited when we finished.. although nice and sore and feeling it all over at the moment..

Few rest days ahead of me and taking it easy until Sunday, although now feeling more and more confident that I'll be able to complete 14km without having to stop and walk any of it :-)

Wow...I can say that I hated running at first but now I'm obsessed with it and I'm training for my first half-marathon in Sept. Way to go.
  • Meegz84
    Options
    That's awesome! I'm thinking about doing one in August/October.. will see how I feel after this weekends 14km then if I can get any of the other girls from training I'll start building my distance up :-)
  • SlideboyxBrian
    SlideboyxBrian Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I am doing this Sunday too and it is the first thing I have entered into. I have nearly completed the C25K program but mainly on a treadmill at the gym so this is going to be an experience for me. I plan to try and run non stop until the free-way and walk up in incline and then run walk run walk for as much as I can after that. Just to finish is a mile stone for me. I am staring to enjoy running but a good walk is ok for me too! :-) I will enjoy the breeze as you zoom by!
  • giantruss
    giantruss Posts: 100
    Options
    Great story!!

I am hooked on running too! Started in February and couldn't run more than a few hundred meters at a time ,
    Now it's generally 5k or more daily and love running outside

Very addictive and labour of love.

My wife is getting the bug too and has always thought she couldn't run
  • pollard775
    pollard775 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your personal best! I've been in about 5 different organized runs now, my first was a 10 k, all of the rest have been 5ks. Unfortunately, I've let myself gain back some lost weight, so now I'm walking again. I need to read posts like yours so I can get inspired to start running again!
    [/quote

I gravitated to this post as well.

I keep failing :( I keep starting, but by end of day have given up, or it seems I cannot get more than 3 days into new regime. :( I WANT BACK TO MY TRIATHLON SELF OF LAST YEAR!! but am having an awful time starting over after this weight gain. I don't know how much I have gained..haven't had the courage to get on the scale... I am resolved to take my bitter pill today and get on scale. I am not sure if that is going to help or put me in more of a landslide. So my truth for today is: I haven't been to gym in months, my eatting is high carb, high sugary binge type foods, I had to buy my first XL pants since phenomenal weight loss a year ago, and I am so sad over all this. :(

Thanks for posting to this thread.
    Kim
  • Meegz84
    Options
    What a great day yesterday at the HBF Run for a Reason. We all did so well!!

lj46vmkbru[img]Have gone through the WAMC programme for the year and highlighted a whole bunch I'd like to do, who knows.. I may even attempt a half in Aug or Oct :smile:[/img]
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!