Another MFP newbie looking for friends!

Options
gatorento
gatorento Posts: 79 Member
I am new to the MTF community and would love to have some friends!

Like other new MFP members who just signed on, I also would like some friends during this weigh-loss journey: I "discovered" MFP last month for the first time, and it has revolutionized my focus on losing weight and eating healthily. I found MFP using my iPod, and never even logged onto the website until last week. I am very inspired by the folks on the MFP community, and could definitely use some accountability and encouragement, and am happy to return the same.

Although I've lost 12 of my targeted 33 lbs since I started trying in January, I've hit a plateau and haven't seen any more weight loss in the last 2 weeks. I confess to being a bit disappointed/discouraged by that, even though I understant it's normal. :)

Replies

• styles010
    styles010 Posts: 7
    Options
    Hi newbie! Welcome to MFP-have you hit plateaus in the past?
  • Boomer1946
    Boomer1946 Posts: 124
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. Put me on your friend list. My name is Tom.

:-)
  • gatorento
    gatorento Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Yes, but it was always because I literally dove 110% into my job, and neglected to exercise or eat well.

This is the first time that I have really consistently been working on weight-loss full-time in every aspect of my life. I have been doing 2-3 weights (back and shoulders mostly) workouts per week and 2-3 cardio (30-60 min per day) workouts per week.