MFP better then facebook

Options

Replies

• stargazer008
    stargazer008 Posts: 531
    Options
    Facebook is full of duck faced lips, drama, pointless updates and people you dislike. Myfitnesspal is full of supportive and kind people!
  • Ladyzumba
    Ladyzumba Posts: 217 Member
    Options
    I have never been on facebook, I hear too many crazy stories about it. It doesn't seem to serve much
    of a purpose other than socializing whereas MFP is a weight loss tool that can be used to socialize with people
    that you have something in common with. I love this site and find it to be very helpful with meeting my goals.
  • cloud2011
    cloud2011 Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    As MDianne... Though, I only go on Facebook, cause that is the only way I can learn what is happening with family... no one calls any more :(
    [/quote

That's why I joined FB. If I want to know what's happening with extended family -- weddings, babies, etc, that's where I have to go.

Seems like FB might eventually go the way of Myspace, but who knows?
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I feel the same way. No drama only positive here with a focus on healthy.
  • stayxtrue
    stayxtrue Posts: 1,190 Member
    Options
    I have actually deactivated facebook no need for it... I am quite simply over social media... No one texts you these days they facebook message you instead.. it is stupid!
  • sapphireblu64
    Options
    I agree, this is more healthier. I peek every so often at facebook. I sent out some invites to some FB fam/friends so far no one as has accepted. The only thing i have to say to them when the pounds start to drop is " Don't hate me cuz you ain't me".
  • deeva2266
    deeva2266 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    As MDianne... Though, I only go on Facebook, cause that is the only way I can learn what is happening with family... no one calls any more :(

That is so sad and another reason I dislike Facebook nor do I use it.
  • vwtorres1
    vwtorres1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello all
  • amelia2033
    amelia2033 Posts: 20
    Options
    I have been on FB for years and love it: I have made some wonderful friends all over the world.Plus I also keep up with all the family happenings. FB is more a social site.

I think MFP is wonderful, gives great weight advice and incentives on weight loss and being healthy, a life style change
    ... I just don't connect the two sites at all.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to meet new friends on here as well, so please hit me up :)

Cheers from Oz
  • jammiezene
    jammiezene Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I love MFP...pretty addicted to it. I check in on FB every other week or so to catch up with family. Like today, to look at pictures my sister posted from her prom lol.
  • amelia2033
    Options
    Hi, I will check out your page :)https://www.facebook.com/NoExcusesNewHealthierMe
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I'm never on facebook anymore. I go on MFP every day. ;D
  • ruffalicious
    ruffalicious Posts: 799 Member
    Options
    this is way better than Fb ;) everytime i talk about fitness/healthy life style on fb people are just being negative. and i dont want to be discourage by people who are in denial about their health and weight. i dont get any support from my friends on fb, id rather be here on mfp than fb.
  • j77r68
    j77r68 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    i've said this numerous times. when i go online this is my homepage. there is always something being discussed and you see many people's opinions on it good/bad.
    absolutely love it. i just started on facebook a few months ago and i really don't see the point of it.
    oh well, to each his own
  • amelia2033
    Options
    Totally different animals...

Much healthier here though

I agree :)
  • CoffeeNBooze
    CoffeeNBooze Posts: 966 Member
    Options
    I :heart: this site. However it would be better if it had the games that facebook has. the only reason I get on fb nowadays and that is to play Castleville.

Oh I couldn't disagree more!! The second MFP gets games like that is the day I deactivate.
  • CaoimheAine
    CaoimheAine Posts: 195
    Options
    Yes I love it, only wish we got notifications!!!

I love how genuine and supportive everyone on here is. Even my closest friends I have on facebook do not measure up!
  • TiffanyDeanee
    TiffanyDeanee Posts: 158
    Options
    haha that is completely OK. It's not like you would have to play the games anyway. But it would be nice to have something else to do other than reading topics.
  • TiffanyDeanee
    TiffanyDeanee Posts: 158
    Options
    ^^ THIS. Also having new comments just pop up like on YT and FB without having to constantly refresh the page.

Edit: My reply button isn't working wtf.
  • D446
    D446 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I have actually deactivated facebook no need for it... I am quite simply over social media... No one texts you these days they facebook message you instead.. it is stupid!

Lol, how is texting someone better then facebook messaging them? I don't really get any of it. I have never had a Facebook, and when I want to speak to someone, I call them :). I love mfp, though I don't really see how it is similar to Facebook in that you generally don't know your mfp friends? At least I don't!