Returning to MFP after failed attempt. Looking for friends.

Hi there,

After a failed attempt to shift weight back in May 2011, I have returned to MFP to give it another go. Last time I tried this I went it alone, thinking that the social / friends element would not be needed or useful. However, I realise now that the added element of a support network of likeminded people is what can keep me on track.

I'm looking for friends! I'm male, 36, from the UK and I have over 100lbs to shift. All friend requests would be greatly appreciated (especially fellow guys from the UK!). I consider myself to be a genuine, upfront kind of guy, so I won't promise to post on your 'wall' every day, or smother you with superlatives. :)

Thanks for reading

Brunnie76

Replies

• Iansmommy123011
    Iansmommy123011 Posts: 872 Member
    You can add me if you like :) but I am a female in the US. I need some motivation and support because I am about to give up on this site and give up on alot of things lol. I do things on my own and no one with to help me through.
  • mrtimps
    mrtimps Posts: 21 Member
    Feel free to add me as well. I'm a 33 year old guy in Melbourne, Australia. Currently about 7kgs into my MFP journey and aiming to lose at least another 35kgs in however long it takes me.
  • dreamshadows
    dreamshadows Posts: 734 Member
    Welcome.
  • Good Luck! I've just joined, have about 40lb to lose. Im also in the uk, feel free to add me :)
  • alumpoflard
    alumpoflard Posts: 95 Member
    Hi, I tried to go it alone last year and managed a few weeks, came back on January 1st, I'm still here and 4 stone lighter, supportive friends really does make a difference! I'll add you :-)
  • You can add me if you would like. I really could use some motivation. I am just returning to MFP myself and have a long journey ahead of me...