Snack and dinner ideas please!

Options
Sooo, I'm looking for quick and healthy snack, lunch, and dinner ideas.
And also healthy ideas on what to pack for lunch for work.

Any ideas/suggestions?

Replies

• mijam
    mijam Posts: 7
    Options
    I know it sounds cliche but I like to prep stuff for dinner a few days in advance so I don't eat everything in sight and graze. But for snacks I usually do carrots celery and apples with hummus or almond butter. Or some kind of fruit with cottage cheese. Some quick dinners I like to throw together are quinoa stir fry. Baked sweet potato and mix some plain greek yogurt together with some spicy ranch dressing mix with a side of veggies. Black bean burgers...the possiblities are endless!
  • sondra1723
    sondra1723 Posts: 31
    Options
    Thanks! Good Idea about preparing foods in advanced. =]
  • mijam
    mijam Posts: 7
    Options
    Of course! If you want any recipes just let me know!:smile:
  • sondra1723
    sondra1723 Posts: 31
    Options
    Ok, I will, thanks!
  • PShep17
    PShep17 Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    I've started having Snack a Jacks in the house, only like the caramel ones. Having them instead if crisps or biscuits does me, especially coz they're sweet :)
  • pixiesteph
    pixiesteph Posts: 17
    Options
    For a main meal idea - I like to cook some plain fish like salmon or cod if too expensive and slow roast some peppers, onions, and aubergine in a little olive oil with garlic and balsamic vinegar. slow roasting sweetens the peppers and squeezing a load of lemon juice on the fish is yummy too.

You could substitute fish for turkey breast (it is less fattening then chicken) or a couple of good quality sausages. As long as you don't load up on loads of other fat it isn't too bad.

To add some carbs you could add some sweet potato in with the peppers but don't pre cook them for too long i find they cook quicker then potato and go mushy.

To make a nice sauce for the fish you can blend up some of the peppers with some basil and passatta (plain sieved tomatoes) and heat up for a bit. To add more flavour you could add a little Swiss veg bouillon powder (the best stock ever in my opinion) and Worcestershire sauce. Its all quite healthy i think.

For snacks i love eating avocado, yogurt and honey with fruit, and celery with cottage cheese